The Terwilliger Center is pleased to announce the winners of the 2023 Jack Kemp Excellence in Affordable Housing Awards!
The application period for the 2024 housing awards is now open. Instructions to apply are below.
About the Award
ULI’s Jack Kemp Excellence in Affordable and Workforce Housing Awards recognize exemplary developments that demonstrate creativity in expanding housing opportunities.
Established in 2008 and named in memory of Jack Kemp, former secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the award has honored developments that meet “affordable” and “workforce” housing needs and help to create mixed-income communities. Learn more about the previous winners and finalists.
Starting in 2024, the Kemp award will exclusively target developments that are serving middle-income earners and applicants. Kemp applicants should have at least 2/3 of the units for households earning between 60-120% AMI. Instead, developments that target greater affordability will be eligible for our Terwilliger Center Award for Innovation in Attainable Housing.
Submissions are open to all, not just ULI members. We recommend you review these in the order listed. The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2024 at midnight ET.
- Read the criteria thoroughly.
- Submit your entry online here. You must have a ULI account to sign in. If you do not have an account, you can create a free account and then access the form. ULI accepts submissions through an online form only.
- Save often! You can return to your draft application form and invite collaborators to help complete the form. (If you had an incomplete submission from last year, it should be available for you to edit.)
- Once your application is completed, select “Add to Cart.”
- Select “Check out” and choose your payment method. The application fee is $300 for nonprofit/public sector applicants and $600 for private sector applicants. You can pay by credit card, check, or bank transfer. Once your payment is entered, select “Process” to submit your application.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
Questions? Email us at [email protected]