Leadership & Governance
The Urban Land Institute was originally incorporated on December 14, 1936, as an independent, nonprofit, research and education organization under the name of the National Real Estate Foundation for Practical Research and Education. On December 20, 1939, the name was changed to Urban Land Institute and the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws were amended accordingly. In 1986, the name was changed to ULI−the Urban Land Institute.
The mission of the Urban Land Institute: Shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide
ULI is led by a professional staff and by committed member volunteers. To find out more about ULI’s leadership, governance, bylaws, or committees, contact Mary Beth Corrigan.