ULI’s Jack Kemp Excellence in Affordable and Workforce Housing Awards recognize exemplary developments that demonstrate creativity in expanding housing opportunities.
Established in 2008 and named in memory of Jack Kemp, former secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the award honors developments that meet affordable and workforce housing needs and help to create mixed-income communities. Learn more about the previous winners and finalists.
2021 Application Window Now Closed
The 2021 application has now closed. Interested applicants for the 2022 awards program should read the eligibility and criteria of the award and revisit this page in October 2021 when we will reopen the application window.
2021 Awards Timeline:
- Application Deadline: April 2021
- Jury Review of Applicants: April – May 2021
- Jury Meeting and 2nd Review: June 2021
- Finalists Announced: June 2021
- Virtual Site Visits: July – August 2021
- Final Jury Meeting: August 2021
- Winners Contacted: September 2021
- Winners Announced: October 2021 (at ULI’s Fall Meeting)
2020 Winners and Finalists
The Terwilliger Center is pleased to announce the winners of the 2020 Jack Kemp Excellence in Affordable Housing award. The winners are:
- Arroyo Village, Denver, CO
- Beach Plum Village, Nantucket Island, Nantucket, MA
- Montgomery Mill, Windsor Locks, CT
- Nesika Illahee, Portland, OR
- Red Cedar Apartments, Seattle, WA
- The Lofts on Arthington, Chicago, IL
To learn more about the winners, please check out their links above and watch our 2020 Housing Awards video.