Equitable Development Forum- Spring Meeting Schedule
May 13th- 11:30am-1:30pm ET
“What IS Equitable Development??”
The term “equitable development” is tossed around a lot these days but what does it truly entail? What do we mean when we seek to create and develop communities that takes equity into account? The definitions are as varied as the goals of such an approach and, while not new, has no proven process. With this in mind, the Spring session of the ULI Equitable Development Forum will create the space for a dialogue with members about what the term means and the range of approaches being used or explored by the land development industry. Come share your stories about your successes and challenges with equitable development. Speakers will discuss equitable development from a variety of perspectives and then members will break out into smaller discussions to focus on particular aspects of equitable development. The outcomes of this session will lay the foundation for gaining consensus around core principles of equitable development as well as the future thought leadership of the Forum on this topic.
Register here for the 2021 Virtual Spring Meeting to attend this session of the ULI Equitable Development Forum.
Equitable Development is both difficult to define and one of the biggest trends in today’s real estate and land use markets. With that in mind, this forum seeks to find answers to the following:
- How can we factor social equity into projects from the very beginning?
- Is there a role for the real estate community to work with local governments to empower local residents?
- How are social issues impacting the built environment – what is the direction of causation?
- Can the built environment be used to mitigate social inequalities?
- What is causing the inequity and are there ways to avoid it while still pursuing redevelopment/reuse goals?