Fall Meeting: October 6, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM ET
2020 ULI Virtual Fall Meeting Registration required to attend. To register, visit fall.uli.org.
Join the Equitable Development Forum for a collaborative and facilitated virtual gathering that will focus on the relevance of equitable development in a post-COVID world. Together, we will identify priorities for the industry, connect with other practitioners, and contribute to the future direction of this Forum.
As one of the buzzwords in today’s real estate and land use conversations, gentrification can often be a contested or triggering term.
- Is it detrimental to a city?
- Are there elements of the concept of gentrification that can be used for social good?
- Can there be gentrification without displacement?
- How can we factor social equity into projects from the very beginning?
- Is there a role for the real estate community to work with local governments to empower local residents?
- How are social issues impacting the built environment – what is the direction of causation?
- Can the built environment be used to mitigate social inequalities?
- What is causing gentrification and are there ways to avoid it while still pursuing redevelopment/reuse goals?