Atlantic Wharf -- 2012 Global Awards for Excellence Winner
June 22, 2012
About Atlantic Wharf
Owner/Developer: Boston Properties
Designer: CBT Architects
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Why Atlantic Wharf?
Atlantic Wharf, Boston’s first green skyscraper, is located on Boston’s Waterfront, with frontage on both the Greenway and historic Boston Harbor. The mixed-use development transformed the city’s skyline and includes a 31-story, 776,000 SF glass clad office tower (93% leased), 86 luxury residential units (91% leased), 25,000 SF of street level retail (85% leased) including one of Boston’s only waterfront restaurants, a 0.3 acre landscaped waterfront plaza integrated into Boston’s Harborwalk, and a 9-slip boat dock. Located one block from the South Station transportation hub and with easy access to both Route 93 and 90, Atlantic Wharf includes a 650 car underground parking garage. The project features 16,000 SF of vibrant indoor public spaces and year-round programming, including a first floor gallery space, an architecture museum and a multi-media equipped community gathering room. The project incorporates the rehabilitated facades of two historic wharf buildings and the complete restoration and reuse of a third.
- Preserved, rehabilitated and integrated historic structures (dateing to 1897) with new design and construction.
- Boston’s first green skyscraper, certified LEED Platinum Core & Shell, with an innovative rain harvesting system.
- Transformed the streetscape and Boston skyline at this prominent corner on Boston Harbor & the Greenway.
- Created vibrant and accessible public spaces and filled in the link from Financial District to the Waterfront.
- Created high performance work space. 1st project to relocate high tech cos. to downtown igniting Innovation District.