Register October 1 – December 9, 2022
ULI Notifies Teams of their Eligibility Friday, December 23, 2023 (most teams); Friday, January 6 at latest
City & Site Announced January 3, 2023
Challenge Brief Released Jan. 9, 2023
Competition Jan. 9 – 23, 2023
Finalists Announced by February 23, 2023
Finalist Site Visit March 10, 2023
Virtual Finalist Rehearsals March 24, 2023
Finalist Presentations and Winner Announced Thursday, April 6, 2023
- View the press release announcing the winner of this year’s Competition.
- View the press release announcing the finalists of this year’s Competition.
- Watch the video announcing the finalists for this year’s competition. (Video password: D#e935Sk). View the slide deck from the presentation. View all submissions online. ULI will issue a press release on Thursday, February 23 with more information about the finalists.
- Watch the video and view the press release announcing the City of North Charleston and ULI South Carolina as the hosts of the 2023 ULI Hines Student Competition.
- Participants: Take the ESRI survey here: https://arcg.is/1WrjKe
Please review the Intro to Moody’s Analytics training video by typing in (or pasting) the passcode yBPfv8Bc when you click here
Moody’s is offering access to commercial real estate data to all competitors via their REIS Platform. ULI does not require you to use Moody’s data for the competition. Data available for the region may include Market Trends & Forecasts; Macro & Regional Demographic; Asset-Level & Comp Level Performance Benchmarking, New Construction, Stabilization & Absorption Analysis, Transaction Data; Commercial Location Scores, Climate Impact, Property Tenant Data; and Entity Ownership Info.
ArcGIS Workshop January 3 Recording is available here
Esri has prepared for you an Urban Model of the 2023 ULI Hines competition site in ArcGIS Online, to facilitate use of ArcGIS tools and Nearmap 3D mesh for the competition. This model supports early-stage analysis and site design. ULI does not require you to use the ArcGIS or Nearmap tools to participate in the competition.
For students wanting to login and access tools and data, please visit this ArcGIS page. Esri also hosted workshops for the following topics:
Please review the “How to create your Pro Forma” by typing in (not copy/paste) password BmaL20tj for the training video
Follow up live Q&A sessions for the Pro Forma were held at the following times: