The Recreational Development Council (RDC) is a collegial group of experienced developers, owners and operators of resort projects and second home/vacation home recreation-oriented communities related leisure and hospitality facilities. The RDC also includes a select group of experienced consultants who have worked with recognized developers, owners and operators in designing and implementing their most notable projects.
The RDC strives to keep our membership at least 60% developers, owners and operator principals and balances Council growth to maintain that ratio. By maintaining a majority of developer members who have demonstrated consistent excellence and best practices in our field, we maintain an intimate group which can mutually benefit from candidly sharing and exploring new ideas and lessons learned.
The RDC also aspires to increase the youth and diversity of our membership to mentor rising young developers and better enable members to understand our evolving consumer base.
To view a list of members please click on the member directory link at the top of this page and perform an advanced search by product council.
The goals of the RDC include:
- Developing and sharing new ideas and opportunities for improved resort/recreational products and second home/vacation home communities that respond to consumer trends and demands;
- Sharing lessons-learned and best practices to spur innovation while supporting market growth and excellence;
- Sharing consumer market information and deal structures to better understand demand and improve investment returns;
- Serving as an institute for the collection and sharing of resort and hotel/recreation/leisure-related development, sales and marketing and operations data; and
- Networking within our Council and with other ULI Councils (such as CDC, Hotel, Entertainment, etc.) to cross-pollinate ideas, share best practices and advance our craft.
- Development and Operation of Resort Projects and Second Home/Vacation Home Communities with emphasis on recreational opportunities and place making
- Creation, Governance, Operation and Management of Private Clubs/Membership Programs for Resorts and Second Home/Vacation Home Communities
- Resort Hospitality Operation and Management
- Sales and Marketing of Second Home Real Estate including homesites, single family homes, condominiums and interval ownership (fractional, timeshare, vacation club, etc.)
- Entitlement, Planning, Design and Construction of Resort & Hotel/Leisure/Hospitality Facilities (Golf/Tennis/Retail/Marina/Equestrian/Theatre/Ski/Fitness/Arts/Water Sports/Spa/Trail Sports, etc.)
- Acquisition, Financing and Asset Management of Resort Projects and Second Home/Vacation Home Communities