The mission of the Coastal Forum is to convene, collect, and share best practices and emerging market trends in coastal real estate development and community resilience, focusing on strategies to protect and strengthen communities at risk due to sea level rise, storms, and other climate hazards through innovative infrastructure and real estate projects within coastal areas. The Coastal Forum seeks to provide an opportunity for members to meet and build a network with peers of different professional backgrounds involved in coastal development and/or resilience.
- Offer a forum to share best practices for coastal development, resilience, and planning
- Provide a targeted group to share and provide private sector input into new tools and resources
- Provide an opportunity for leadership and expertise development in coastal development and resilience
Steering Committee Members:
- Garrett Avery, Senior Manager, AECOM
- Wayne Cobleigh, Vice President, Client Services, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Leigh Fletcher, Managing Member, Fletcher Fischer Pollack P.L.
- Jason Hellendrung, Vice President, Planning and Design, Tetra Tec
- Tom Jost, Chief Operating Officer at Sherwood Design Engineers
- William Kenworthey, Regional Leader of Planning, HOK
- James Murley, Chief Resiliency Officer, Miami Dade County
- Josh Murphy, Senior Geospatial Analyst, NOAA Office of Coastal Management; Adjunct Faculty, Georgetown URP
- Chuck Schilke, Director and Senior Lecturer, The Edward St. John Real Estate Program, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- Jack Smith, Partner, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Rives Taylor, Firmwide Design Resilience Co-Leader, Principal, Gensler
- Greg West, Chief Executive Officer, ZOM Living
- Katie Wholey, Resilience Consultant, ARUP
- Lian Plass, Senior Manager, ULI Urban Resilience