From Sprawl to Density: The Global Challenge of Urbanization
October 14, 2015
Filmed October 7, 2015, at the ULI Fall Meeting in San Francisco.
Rapid urbanization, demographic shifts, and infrastructure needs are challenging urban development and city competitiveness around the world. What are the needs and solutions in high growth emerging markets? What role does urban regeneration play in mature markets? What about cities that are shrinking or slowly recovering? How do cities move forward to implement solutions that deliver longterm value? A diverse global panel articulates the dramatic differences in urban challenges across the planet, and reveals some common ground that can help cities with the social, economic and environmental challenges faced today.
- John Fitzgerald of the Urban Land Institute
- Lisette van Doorn of the Urban Land Institute
- Peter Calthorpe of Calthorpe Associates
- Alice Breheny of TH Real Estate
- John Carfi of Mirvac Group
- Scott Dunn of AECOM
- Michael Spies of Tishman Speyer