WASHINGTON D.C. (November 9, 2021) – The Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) Greenprint Center for Building Performance has announced a three-year exclusive partnership with Ferguson Partners – a global boutique talent management company – to jointly collaborate on the annual ULI Global Sustainability Outlook, which is published each January. The much-anticipated publication for the real estate industry reports on the key environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues that impact strategic decision-making each year.
“There is an urgent need for the real estate industry to take a more sustainable approach to development and operations,” says Marta Schantz, senior vice president of the ULI Greenprint Center for Building Performance. “Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors affect every aspect of our businesses, our industry and our communities. Our ULI Global Sustainability Outlook has been an essential resource for companies that are looking to understand the impact of sustainability on real estate in the coming year, and we are therefore thrilled that Ferguson Partners has joined with us to widen the positive impact that our publication can have.”
“The real estate industry’s commitment to ESG is stronger than ever. Sustainability is a strategic business imperative,” said Ferguson Partners’ managing director and global head of innovation + technology, Linda Isaacson, who is also a ULI Global Governing Trustee and sits on the ULI Americas Executive Committee. “Our firm’s focus on innovation, digital transformation, disruptive technologies, and other trends impacting the built environment will be invaluable to ULI’s critical research that will ultimately help real estate organizations with their sustainability journey and mandates. We are proud to make a long-term commitment to leadership in ESG and the three central pillars measuring corporate sustainability. There is an urgent need to transform the real estate industry, and ESG has risen to the top of the agenda in the sector.”
The inaugural ULI Sustainability Outlook was published earlier this year to provide ULI’s members with meaningful insights on the latest topics and issues in sustainable real estate. The report was based on interviews with members of ULI’s Sustainable Development Council – comprised of industry leaders – who were asked what sustainability topics and issues are on the rise, why do they matter, and what the industry should do about it.
The next ULI Global Sustainability Outlook is expected to include interviews with members of the ULI Americas Sustainable Development Council, ULI Europe Sustainability Council and ULI Asia Pacific Resilient Cities Council. The full report will be published in early 2022 and a launch webinar will take place on January 12, 2022. More details can be found at uli.org/sustainabilityoutlook.
Notes to Editors
About the ULI Greenprint Center for Building Performance
- The ULI Greenprint Center for Building Performance is a research center focused on climate mitigation, making the business case for green buildings by tying carbon reductions to increased asset value. ULI Greenprint also includes a worldwide membership alliance of leading real estate owners and developers committed to improving the environmental performance of the global real estate industry, striving to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent by 2030 and to achieve net zero carbon operations by 2050. ULI Greenprint is organized within the ULI Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance, which also oversees ULI’s Urban Resilience Program and the Building Healthy Places initiative.
- For additional information, visit org/greenprint.
About the Urban Land Institute
- The Urban Land Instituteis a nonprofit education and research institute supported by its members. Its mission is to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide. Established in 1936, the institute has more than 45,000 members worldwide representing all aspects of land use and development disciplines.
- For more information on ULI, please visit org or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
About Ferguson Partners
- Since its founding in 1989, Ferguson Partners has built a reputation as the premier firm dedicated to serving the human capital and organizational consulting needs of the real estate and related industries.
- Ferguson Partners’global real estate and real assets services include executive and board recruitment, compensation, leadership and management consulting, helping organizations capitalize on the advantages of great leadership.