The University Development and Innovation Council (UDIC) focuses on emerging development models tied to academic research and capitalization initiatives and how these activities are shaping real estate and community development. Council members include private owners and developers of mixed‐use, innovation‐centered projects that encompass a broad range of land uses including research, office, retail, residential and transit‐oriented developments.
The Council will also include a sampling of private equity investors, brokers, lenders, architects and other consultants. This asset class is becoming a major aspect of institutional and commercial real estate, but requires the adoption of new ownership, funding and operational strategies – often resulting in public‐private partnerships.
This Council will delve into, among other topics, development, the relationships between developers/owners and universities; the convergent needs of academic and private‐sector partners, best practices for branding, marketing and leasing, local and macro market performance and many other topics of special interest to participants in this specific space.
To view a list of members please click on the member directory link at the top of this page and perform an advanced search by product council.
To view a list of leadership for product councils, please click here.
- University real estate development opportunities
- Third-party-developed and/or long-term ground leases
- Development on and off campus
- Mixed-use developments in a university setting, including retail, parking, housing, office, research, recreational sports, and other uses
- Research and innovation campuses and development opportunities
- Public/private partnership models, finance, and capital structures