The Sustainable Development Council (SDC) aims to accelerate the adoption and implementation of sustainability, resiliency, and health across the real estate industry. The council provides a forum for exchange of emerging best practices including planning, financing, entitlements, design, construction, and operational aspects of projects that advance triple bottom-line benefits while fostering more sustainable built environments.
Council presentations address a range of project types and scales, from buildings to regions, and include discussions on innovative strategies for energy and resource utilization, transportation and infrastructural systems, health and wellness, and tools for evaluating financial and operational performance.
In line with a comprehensive vision of sustainability, the council hosts conversations exploring the nexus between the built environment and resource efficiency, health outcomes, and natural systems. Exchange of “lessons learned” informs council members of the quantitative and qualitative added-value to real estate and the urban environment.
To view a list of members please click on the member directory link at the top of this page and perform an advanced search by product council.
The SDC aims to accelerate the adoption and implementation of sustainability, resiliency, and health across the real estate industry by:
- Providing a forum for exchange of emerging best practices
- Promoting regenerative, adaptive development that enhances natural systems and maximizes resource efficiency
- Fostering health and resiliency in the built environment
- Sharing metrics and case studies for sustainable buildings, districts, and infrastructure
- Supporting strategic alliances that benefit and incentivize sustainable development