Single-Family Rental Council (SFRC)
The mission of the SFRC is to leverage the diverse experiences of developers, investors, operators, capital providers, designers, and planners in the single-family rental space promoting collaboration across the industry’s varied product types. This includes scattered home portfolios, attached and detached new construction communities that may be located in a stand-alone subdivision or part of a larger masterplan, or a single plat horizontal build for rent community.
Communication, education, and coordination between SFR industry thought leaders alongside federal, state and local governmental agencies, engineers, architects, zoning experts, urban planners, technology providers, ESG and affordable housing proponents will ensure the successful expansion of the nuanced asset types under the broadly generalized SFR asset category.
To view a list of members please click on the member directory link at the top of this page and perform an advanced search by product council.
- Single family scattered home portfolios
- New construction Build-For-Rent (BFR) communities (individually platted homes)
- New construction horizontal Build-For-Rent communities (single plat community)
- New construction scattered lot Build-For-Rent homes
- Institutionalization of the largest commercial asset class in the Country
- Underwriting differences between the varied asset types above
- Optimizing cash flow – how to analyze to optimize new construction homes and design
- New financial analysis & metrics
- Hedging against housing market corrections
- Clean & healthier living by design
- Differential amenity packages
- Value creation through community engagement
- Creating complimentary residential life cycles between multiple residential asset classes
- Demographic trends and shifts
- Advancing technologies in housing
- Education for developers, builders, investors, operators, lenders, equity and regulators
- Evaluating design, building materials, finish levels and systems
- Discussions of how BFR compliments and enhances master plan communities