Associate, Corporate Partnerships
This is a full-time, exempt position, located in Washington, D.C.
The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Membership and Marketing will translate the organization’s strategic plan into operational priorities and manage the day-to-day operations of the global marketing and membership team, facilitating continued growth of the organization. The SVP will be responsible for keeping global staff directed, motivated, and focused on serving its members, delivering on revenue objectives, and the mission of the organization. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, embrace innovation, have a motivational can-do approach, and have a collaborative leadership style.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Technology Officer, the SVP manages a global team responsible for individual membership; marketing of ULI’s products, services, and publications; and publishing. The SVP will collaborate with other executives across regions in a team environment to ensure effective delivery on strategic plan objectives related to member experience, growth, and engagement. Collectively, this department is responsible for achieving $30 million in dues and non-dues revenue.
• Responsibility and accountability for developing the marketing strategy to achieve revenue objectives for membership, conferences, education programs, and publications.
• Effectively manage and administer the day-to-day operations of the department, including overall leadership and staff guidance.
• Manage department finances, including building and managing a revenue-and-expense budget.
• Lead membership recruitment, engagement, and retention strategies and oversee membership operations.
• Collaborate with and provide support for membership marketing, and e-marketing best practices to local chapters and regions.
• Partner with executives of other units, develop the strategy, and ensure the execution of marketing for all conferences, content initiatives, education programs, and mission-driven services.
• Provide oversight and management of the marketing, membership, and advertising sales team.
• Explore options and make recommendations for marketing membership, events, publications, and other products and promote integrated messaging and cross-marketing.
• Champion the member perspective and serve as the business lead in technology and CRM development.
• Continually look for opportunities to improve the Marketing and Membership processes, incorporating benchmarks and best practices.
• Leading six to eight remote staff (based in the United States, Europe, and Asia) and ensuring full integration within a global team environment.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline; MBA degree preferred.
• At least 10 to 15 years’ experience required in association management.
• Proven leadership managing and motivating a highly effective global team.
• Experience with change management.
• Demonstration of leadership style to collaborate across regions and departments.
• Strategic thinker with excellent planning capabilities.
• Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, who effectively conveys ideas.
• Strong people management skills with an ability to coach, lead, and develop talent in a collaborative, high-performance work environment.
• A creative problem solver with demonstrated skill thinking outside the box, who can be flexible and innovative, delivering solutions in limited time frames.
• Manages and monitors member leader relationships across the organization.
• Ability to anticipate and articulate future trends and directions and to recommend actions to enhance the success of the organization within functional areas of responsibility.
• Skilled at proactively and effectively identifying and meeting needs of members, customers, and internal stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of data-driven digital marketing and embrace of the use of technology platforms as the foundation for member benefits and service delivery.
• Proficiency managing financial resources in keeping with budget objectives.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Availability to travel to conferences (minimum two per year) and additional events hosted by ULI.
To apply, please submit a résumé and a letter of interest.
ULI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.