The Senior Director manages the finance and operations functions of the District Council to effectively support its program of work and strategic initiatives. The Senior Director also actively participates in the ongoing strategic planning efforts of the district council and works closely with the Executive Director, District Council Chair, member leaders, and staff in the advancement of the district council’s mission and goals. The Senior Director reports to the Executive Director.
Finance and Operations
- Assess and implement improvements to the financial and operational systems and processes needed to effectively support district council activities and objectives.
- Review, streamline, and systematize key processes and procedures;
- Implement productivity methodologies and tools, including integrated calendar, project planning, and critical path project management; and
- Assess staff skill level, training requirements, and system resources and availability.
- Develop and deliver timely, accurate, and standardized financial budgets, forecasts, financial statements, and management reports.
- Integrated business planning and budgeting;
- Monthly financial statements and management report;
- Quarterly forecast;
- Annual financial statements and management report; and
- Annual District Council Impact Report.
- Apply business analytics to evaluate district council performance and develop plans for continual improvement.
- Membership analysis for recruitment, engagement, retention, and growth;
- Sponsorship analysis for recruitment, engagement, retention, and growth;
- Benefit/impact versus cost/resource analysis of district council programs and activities;
- Marketing effectiveness metrics and analysis; and
- Key financial and operational performance indicators.
- Direct and oversee essential district council administrative responsibilities including office operations, contracts, website updates, roster updates, and member communications.
- Oversee financial and administrative systems including finance, accounting, CRM, information technology, and physical infrastructure.
- Provide hands-on, collaborative leadership to district council staff to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of staff performance.
- Evaluate district council peer group performance for best practices and implement as applicable.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, District Council Chair, and member leaders in the ongoing development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Develop a framework to evaluate organizational structure for mission and operational alignment.
- Guide and support committees and councils in developing committee goals and strategies.
- Guide, support, and sustain district council focus, effort, and progress on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Work closely with the Executive Director, District Council Chair, and member leaders to identify and develop revenue growth opportunities.
- Support the Executive Director in guiding the planning and implementation of the district council’s program of work, including:
- Committees and council programs and events;
- Technical assistance panels;
- UrbanPlan; and
- Local product councils.
- Support the Executive Director in developing and executing a sponsorship strategy to secure and expand financial support to sustain district council activities, and to strengthen sponsor engagement and cultivate long-term sponsorships.
- Support the Executive Director in expanding industry collaboration and community engagement.
- Fifteen-plus years of management experience in finance, operations, strategic planning, or related functions; industry experience in land use, real estate, or related fields.
- BA degree required; advanced degree or certification in finance, accounting, or management a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate strategic vision into an operational model.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Hands-on, collaborative leadership mind-set and approach.
- Strives for excellence and leads by example.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analytics tools; graphics design skills a plus.
ULI has a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance; vacation leave; and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. For more information, click here.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and a letter of interest.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active-duty military status, noncitizenship or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sexual violence, or any other status protected by applicable law.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.