ULI’s Technical Assistance Panels (TAPs) are designed to provide objective, expert advice to municipal and community-based organizations. The TAP panels, composed of ULI members, bring expertise into local communities to provide timely, candid, and unbiased input to kick-start critical conversations and to discover innovative solutions to some of the most complex real estate, development, and finance challenges.
We understand that communities around the country may face similar challenges. In an effort to connect these communities, we created a TAPs library where District Councils can see which recommendations and solutions have helped other District Councils tackle challenges similar to theirs.
We hope the library can serve as a database of resources members can turn to when identifying possible solutions. The library currently features over 200 TAPs, across 13 years, covering over 25 District Councils, and is searchable by topic.
TAPs provide District Councils with a number of benefits. Some include:
- Increasing member engagement
- Bringing national experts to provide options for moving a project forward
- Building membership and increasing awareness of the ULI mission
- Creating leadership opportunities for members
Some member benefits TAPs can provide are:
- Pinpoint possible solutions to challenges
- Provide examples of presentations, final reports, and tool kits
- Identify speakers to serve on panels in local communities
For questions about the TAPs library or to add your District Council’s most recent TAP, please contact Meghan Grenda, District/National Council Manager, at Meghan.firstname.lastname@example.org.