The City of Alameda seeks a qualified developer to form a public/private partnership with the City for development of a 22.8-acre portion of Alameda Point (West Midway Project).
West Midway Project is entitled for a residential mixed-use project in the Main Street Neighborhood Plan zoning sub-district of Alameda Point. This development opportunity includes a maximum of 291 units which includes 260 market rate units and 31 deed-restricted moderate-income units and no pre-determined amount of commercial/light industrial development.
Alameda Point is the most unique opportunity site in the San Francisco Bay area entitled for mixed use residential development. Alameda Point is an 878-acre part of the decommissioned Naval Air Station Alameda and is fast becoming an exciting place to live, work and play. The West Midway Project is just north of the $1 billion mixed use Site A development, with 800 housing units, 600,000 square feet of commercial, 8-acres of waterfront development and a new ferry terminal with 20-minute service to San Francisco.
- Download the RFQ:
- View documents in the West Midway RFQ Library
- Review submittal requirements and selection process
- RFQs Due: September 19, 2018
- Staff completes review of submittals – week of October 1, 2018
- Interview Selected Short List of Developers – week of October 15, 2018
- Council Selection of up to Three Finalists – November 27, 2018
- Community Open House –January 2019
- City Council approval of Preferred Developer – February 2019
Project Contact for Information: Michelle Giles, Redevelopment Project Manager, [email protected]