Empowering Tenants to Build out Sustainably with the Tenant Energy Optimization Program
Tuesday, July 16 | 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Empire State Building, Conference Room on 67th Floor
New York City, New York
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
No matter where you fall on a building’s life cycle; architect, engineer, landlord, tenant, manager, owner, operator or any other role, you can influence a leased space’s sustainability. Integrating sustainability into a leased space can be a daunting endeavor for any tenant, even for those companies with existing corporate environmental social governance (ESG) strategies.
The Tenant Energy Optimization Program (TEOP) is a proven 10-step method to break down barriers and solve problems to enable the build-out of tenant spaces in an energy efficient and sustainable manner. Users of the proven TEOP model consistently see energy savings of 30-50%, payback in as little as 3-5 years, and an average internal rate of return (IRR) of 25%.
Returning to where TEOP originated, the Empire State Building, attendees will have a chance to hear from Tony Malkin, Chairman and CEO of Empire State Realty Trust, as well as architects, engineers, property managers, and tenants on what it takes to build sustainable and energy efficient tenant spaces.
Join ULI’s Tenant Energy Optimization Program for a special half day event on Tuesday, July 16 at the Empire State Building. Event will include networking breakfast and tours of a sustainable tenant space within the Empire State Building.
Tony Malkin, CEO and Chairman, Empire State Realty Trust
Dana Schneider, Managing Director, Energy and Sustainability, JLL
Beth Heider, Chief Sustainability Officer, Skanska USA
Mike Zatz, Manager, ENERGY STAR Commercial Buildings, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Sophie Cardona, Manager, NYSERDA
David Pospisil, Business Development Manager, Strategic Energy Solutions, ConEd
8:00-8:30am – Registration & Networking breakfast
8:30-11am – Programming Agenda
- Welcome from the Urban Land Institute’s Greenprint Center for Building Performance
- Keynote from Tony Malkin, CEO and Chairman, Empire State Realty Trust
- Property management – Dana Schneider, Managing Director, Energy and Sustainability Projects, JLL
- Construction and build out – Beth Heider, Chief Sustainability Officer, Skanska USA
- EPA’s ENERGY STAR for Tenant Space program – Mike Zatz, Chief, Market Sector Group, ENERGY STAR Commercial & Industrial Branch, EPA
- NYSERDA’s Commercial Tenant Program – Sophie Cardona, Program Manager, Commercial Tenant Program, NYSERDA
- ConEd incentives and programs – David Pospisil, Business Development Manager, ConEd
11am-12pm – Sustainable tenant space tours