Real Estate and COP27
UN Climate Change Conference (COP 27)
Egypt is hosting the 27th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP27) in Sharm El Sheikh from 6 November – 18 November 2022. The COP27 summit brings parties together to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland marked the first year that the COP Presidency invited businesses, financial institutions, as well as cities and states to join the conference. While traditionally geared toward state actors, the private sector plays a crucial role in achieving global climate goals. ULI is committed to supporting the real estate and land use industry in their bold and innovative efforts.
This page serves as a COP27 information hub for ULI events, content, and members related to or organizing sessions at the conference. Please reach out to [email protected] if you would like to share a COP27 side event you are involved in.
ULI Post-COP27 Webinars
To disseminate the takeaways from the conference with the broader real estate and land use industry, ULI hosted a series of regional webinars for members in Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe.
- Americas: View the Recording
- Asia Pacific: Recording Coming Soon
- Europe: Recording Coming Soon
COP27 Events to Watch
There are numerous side events during COP27 hosted by ULI partners. Events that ULI members might be interested in (both in-person and virtual) will be added here once they are finalized.
- ULI Europe, in partnership with IGCC & WBCSD, is hosting “Accelerating Decarbonisation on the Ground: Injecting the True Cost and Opportunity of Decarbonisation into the Heart of Every Property Investment Decision” at the Buildings Pavilion Auditorium (lot no. 113) on November 9th 12:00 – 1:00 pm EET. You can tune in virtually/live here.
- The BuildingToCOP Coalition (led by IGCC & WBCSD) is hosting “Financing a Net-Zero Built Environment” at the Buildings Pavilion Auditorium (lot no. 113) on November 9th 3:00 – 5:45pm EET. You can tune in virtually/live here.
- CEMEX is hosting “Working Together to Decarbonise the Construction Value Chain” at the Business Pavilion Auditorium A on November 10th 10:00 – 11:00am EET.
- USGBC, the Georgetown Climate Center, and The Climate Registry are hosting a UNFCCC Side Event, “Achieving Measurable Climate Benefits Through Innovative Infrastructure Investments in North America” at the Osiris Room on November 10th 11:30am – 1:00pm EET.
- The Climate Registry and the Climate Action Reserve are hosting a panel titled, “Net Zero Reporting and Pathways” on November 15th 3:30 – 4:30pm EET at the Pathways to 1.5 Pavilion, Paris Room.
- Architecture 2030, ASHRAE, and the INWES are hosting a Side Event, “Planning, Design & Development in the Global South: The How-To for People and Planet” on November 16th 4:45 – 6:15pm EET at Room Hatshepsut (300), Blue Zone.
- From November 14th – 17th, UNFCCC’s Resilience Hub is hosting multiple sessions on the intersection between arts & culture and climate. Registration is free and many sessions are available virtually. Learn more here.