UN Climate Change Conference (COP 26)
The UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow from 31 October – 12 November 2021. The COP26 summit brings parties together to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Global Virtual Leadership Roundtable
ULI is convening a virtual leadership roundtable of senior members across the globe to assess and reflect on the outputs of COP26. Climate change is quickly rising as one of the most important and impactful challenges facing the real estate industry. Recognizing that real estate contributes up to 40% of global emissions and the role the industry will play in achieving global climate goals, ULI is hosting this roundtable to bring together leading minds in real estate to discuss the outputs of COP26 and what that may mean for real estate business writ large. Before the discussion, a senior industry leader keynote speaker will provide high level background and opportunities for real estate to take action. Key takeaways from this convening will be turned into a white paper and shared with ULI’s 45,000 members to highlight the criticality of mitigating climate change and how sustainable investments can add value to a real estate portfolio. Participation by invitation only.
To disseminate the takeaways from the Global Virtual Leadership Roundtable with the broader ULI community, ULI will host regional follow-up webinars for members in Asia Pacific, Americas, and Europe.
- Americas Webinar on November 19th: Register here
- Asia Pacific Webinar on December 8th: Register here
Please check back for other registration links.
COP26 Events to Watch
There are numerous side events during COP26 hosted by ULI friends and partners. Events that ULI members might be interested in (both in person and virtual) will be added here once they are finalized. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to suggest an event for this list.
- The Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GABC) and World Resources Institute (WRI) is hosting “Navigating the Transition to Net Zero Buildings” at the Buildings Pavilion – The Climate Pledge Theater (Hall 5) on November 1st to announce the Buildings as a Critical Climate Solution commitment and showcase countries developing roadmaps to implement these ambitious goals. This session will be broadcast live on BuildingToCOP, We Mean Business and GlobalABC’s websites.
- The UK Better Buildings Partnership (BBP) is hosting “Commercial Buildings: A real asset in addressing climate change?” at the Glasgow Science Centre for COP26 on November 4th
- JLL is hosting “How does your sustainability strategy measure up” at the Buildings Pavilion – Boardroom (Hall 4) on November 4th. This session will be broadcast live on BuildingToCOP, We Mean Business and GlobalABC’s websites.
- Arup, Ellen MacArthur Foundaction, and WBCSD are hosting “The Business Case for Circular Buildings” at the Buildings Pavilion – Boardroom (Hall 4) on November 9th. This session will be broadcast live on BuildingToCOP, We Mean Business and GlobalABC’s websites.
- ICLEI, Derwent London, and Foster+Partner are hosting “Delivering Net Zero Carbon Buildings in Cities” at the Buildings Pavilion – Boardroom (Hall 4) on November 11th. This session will be broadcast live on BuildingToCOP, We Mean Business and GlobalABC’s websites.