The ULI Healthy Places Book Talks series is designed to spark thought and conversation around books exploring the intersection of health, well-being, social equity, and the built environment.
The Healthy Places Book Talks series builds off the BHP Book + Film Club which launched in the Spring of 2020 to foster community during a time of social separation. The program is free and open to all and events will feature a facilitated conversation between authors and ULI member leaders.
ULI Healthy Places Inaugural Book Talk: Inclusive Transportation – In Conversation with Veronica Davis & Shonda Wang
Past BHP Book + Film Titles
- Book, Summer 2023: “Homelessness is a Housing Problem” by Gregg Colburn and Clayton Aldern
- Book, Winter 2023: “Arbitrary Lines” by M. Nolan Gray
- Report, Fall 2022: “10 Principles for Embedding Racial Equity in Real Estate”
- Film, Summer 2022: “West Side Story”
- Book, Spring 2022: “Reclaiming Your Community” by Majora Carter
- Book, Winter 2022: “The Color of Law” by Richard Rothstein
- Book, Summer 2021: “Know Your Price” by Andre Perry
- Book, Spring 2021: “Brave New Home” by Diana Lind
- Book, Winter 2021: “Right of Way” by Angie Schmitt
- Book, Fall 2020: “The Address Book” by Deirdre Mask
- Book, Spring 2020: “Wrestling with Moses” by Anthony Flint
The Building Healthy Places Book + Film Club is supported by ULI Foundation Governor Randall Lewis.