ULI’s Building Healthy Places Book + Film Club is designed to spark thought, joy, and conversation around health, social equity, and real estate.
ULI members are invited to join the BHP Book + Film Club. The program launched in the Spring of 2020 to foster community during a time of social separation. The quarterly program is free and requires registration for each title. Once registered, participants receive a suggested reading/viewing schedule, thought prompts via email, and a personal link to attend a series of virtual meetups for the title. Past live events have included small group discussions, performances, and chats with authors.
Next Title TBA, Winter 2024 Meetup
- Book, Summer 2023: “Homelessness is a Housing Problem” by Gregg Colburn and Clayton Aldern
- Book, Winter 2023: “Arbitrary Lines” by M. Nolan Gray
- Report, Fall 2022: “10 Principles for Embedding Racial Equity in Real Estate”
- Film, Summer 2022: “West Side Story”
- Book, Spring 2022: “Reclaiming Your Community” by Majora Carter
- Book, Winter 2022: “The Color of Law” by Richard Rothstein
- Book, Summer 2021: “Know Your Price” by Andre Perry
- Book, Spring 2021: “Brave New Home” by Diana Lind
- Book, Winter 2021: “Right of Way” by Angie Schmitt
- Book, Fall 2020: “The Address Book” by Deirdre Mask
- Book, Spring 2020: “Wrestling with Moses” by Anthony Flint
The Building Healthy Places Book + Film Club is supported by ULI Foundation Governor Randall Lewis.