The seventh in the series of Building Healthy Places Interest Forums will be held in conjunction with ULI’s Spring Meeting in Detroit.
This forum, generously supported by ULI Foundation Governor Randall Lewis, brings together leaders in health, wellness, and real estate to discuss what they are doing, planning, and observing in the field. This will be a content-heavy, interactive discussion and exchange.
The forum is being organized in collaboration with ULI member leaders and will focus on sharing information about Detroit-based projects at the intersection of health and the built environment and applying lessons from these projects to the work of forum participants from across the country.
When: Tuesday, May 1, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (with an optional walk to the Forum along the Detroit RiverWalk trail beginning at 7:00 a.m.)
Where: Michigan Outdoor Adventure Center – 1801 Atwater St, Detroit, MI 48207
Cost: A registration fee is required to attend the Forum. Discounted registration fees are being charged thanks to the generosity of Randall Lewis.
Early registration: $75 (ends 3/30)
Regular registration: $125 (ends 4/13)
Late registration: $150 (after 4/13)
- Provide a place for ULI members who are passionate about health and development to meet and engage with each other
- Offer a chance for ULI members to share knowledge and insights
- Update forum participants on the latest work that is being done at ULI and other organizations on health and real estate
Highlights from the Detroit Forum agenda include:
- Optional group walk along Detroit RiverWalk trail from Hart Plaza to Michigan Outdoor Adventure Center at 7:00 a.m.
- Presentation by representatives from the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy and Reimagining the Civic Commons
- Guided tour of the Dequindre Cut Greenway, Detroit’s Fitzgerald neighborhood, and other sites
- Optional reception hosted by the ULI Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance
The Forum is invitation only and invitations are non-transferable. If you are interested in attending and did not receive an invitation, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we prefer no more than two people per organization to attend the Forum.
The Building Healthy Places Interest Forum is open to ULI Full and Associate members and will be capped at about 45 people. Forum participants are encouraged but not required to attend ULI’s Spring Meeting; register at spring.uli.org.
Please note that Spring Meeting is open to ULI Full members only, as well as Associate members who are part of the ULI Michigan District Council.
To facilitate dialogue, we will again create a small book providing a brief biography and a photo of all participants. Please send a brief bio and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org after you register. If you attended previous forums, please send any updates to your bio or photo.