The Member Meetings team is primarily responsible for the development and delivery of Spring and Fall Meetings, ULI’s two major annual meetings in the Americas. These meetings attract thousands of participants annually, providing a myriad of opportunities to collaborate with every sector of the industry. The department consists of two teams: logistics and program development. Due to the role and scope of our objectives, our team works collaboratively with different teams across the organization. For more information on the Fall and Spring Meetings, please visit https://fall.uli.org/ and https://spring.uli.org/ respectively.
The Senior Associate, Project Management is an integral part of the Meetings team within the Americas region. This position reports to the Vice President, Meetings and Events, and works with ULI regional teams on the planning, management, and delivery of events across the Americas ULI network. The Production Coordinator will have a bird’s eye view of the department’s workload while managing the flow of projects from intake to delivery. They will create timelines, track deliverables, and monitor workloads and resources.
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Washington, D.C. ULI staff currently work in a hybrid setting and reporting in person a minimum of 2 days a week is preferred.
Spring and Fall Meeting Logistics
- Serve as support role to the Meetings and Events team during the planning of ULI’s Spring and Fall Meetings, and related events.
- Assist with upkeep of meetings timeline, master calendars, schedule of events, and Schedule at a Glance document.
- Populate and update Spring and Fall Meeting details on ULI websites and in Netforum.
- Populate, review and update the ULI event app.
- Manage payment tracking spreadsheets for Spring and Fall meeting. Track incoming invoices, reconciliations, and final payments.
Spring and Fall Meeting Production
- Help build a holistic process for creative development and graphic production- taking the lead for a project management intake / development process. Keeping all relevant stakeholders in place.
- Develop high level project timelines for meeting-related branding, graphics, and signage
- Work alongside ULI’s 3rd party decorator (Freeman Deco) to develop meeting show look, package of signage and graphic opportunities for ULI branding and sponsorship.
- Track all staff graphics and signage requests; Manage flow of ULI staff stakeholder requests, copy editing, review for brand consistency, proofing process and approvals for print production.
- Review all sponsor logos and graphic placement; Ensure sponsor graphic impressions align with sponsorship team allocations.
- On-site at the meetings, ensure all signage and graphics are delivered to show site; marked for delivery and setup, location, etc.
Spring and Fall Meeting Tours:
- In conjunction with Manager, Member Meetings:
- Provide logistical support, manage contracts, and ensure that the tours will be a value-add experience for meeting participants.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal management of the tours program in determining pricing, managing expenses and contracts, and processing invoices.
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure that program content is reflected accurately and in a timely manner for the meetings.
- Manage the planning, layout, and flow of the onsite tour departure area logistics.
- Engage with logistics partners, vendors, member volunteers.
- Advance registration/participant management
- In conjunction with Sr. Meeting Planner:
- Housing Management/Hotel Reservations
- Coordinate shipment and meeting supplies inventory
- Signage/graphics creation and ordering
- On-site staffing support (registration, help desk, tours)
- Obtain pricing estimates/quotes for future contracted services to assist with budget development and ensure that all services contracted are within budget. Assist with the invoice process and ensure that invoices are coded correctly to ULI departmental budgets and reconcile with ULI Finance.
- Stay current on industry trends and technology and make recommendations for integrating new technologies that will lead to greater efficiencies and delivery of services.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven, measurable success in the logistical details of meetings and events, with a focus on project management and graphic production.
- Proven experience in managing the flow of creative projects, deliverables, deadlines, and resources.
- Firm understanding of company brand, specifications and standards of deliverables including print, digital, video and social assets.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and follow up with final details, as well as a commitment to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to successfully handle multiple priorities, work well under pressure, and adapt quickly to shifting duties and responsibilities. Must be able to prioritize work and be able to manage several projects concurrently.
- Excellent writing and proofreading/editing skills.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with members and ULI staff of all levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Proficiency with Netforum, SharePoint, Smartsheet required.
- Experience using project management software.
- Able and willing to travel within North America, approximately 5-10 days per year for conferences.
ULI has a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation, and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.