2021-2022 University Partners
- University Partners can be a college, university, or any post-secondary department, program, or center. More than one department, program, or center from one university can receive University Partner recognition separately.
- University Partners select from a menu of engagements with ULI, with flexibility for different needs and budgets. Engagements can take place at the local, national, or global levels.
- ULI counts all engagements and total spend from July 1 to June 30.
- There are no tiers in the University Partners program.
An entity can be a University Partner if it engages in at least one of the following ways during a specific year:
- Registers 10 or more students for a ULI Associate Membership (Student rate) (uli.org/join)
- Registers 10 or more students for a ULI Learning course (learning.uli.org)
- Sponsors an UrbanPlan workshop for 10 or more students
- Registers 10 or more students for a Fall and/or a Spring Meeting, in-person or virtual
- Sponsors a District Council
- Sponsors Fall or Spring Meeting
The designation resets every year on June 30.
Recognition for 2022-2023
- Listing with your logo on the ULI University Partners website
- Access to the ULI University Partners Toolkit, which allows you to promote your participation in the program:
- Press release template and guidance.
- Social media templates and guidance.
- Recognition in print in Urban Land magazine in the Education Supplement which ships with the Winter 2024 issue of Urban Land. We finalize the list for this issue by September 30 each year and will need a logo and your signoff on the text before that date. The print edition circulates to more than 45,000 ULI members.
- Recognition in Urban Land magazine online. The Education Supplement is published online and is available to the public.
- Recognition once per year in the weekly Urban Land e-newsletter, “This Week in Urban Land,” distributed every Monday to 105,000+ opt-in subscribers, date to be determined.
- Recognition once year on our social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram), dates to be determined.
- Recognition in one annual press release to announce all partners, or groups of partners, date(s) to be determined.
- ULI’s mission is focused on transformative impact. ULI differentiates itself from other CRE associations through its mission-focused research and programming (urban resilience, decarbonization, affordable housing, equitable development, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and more), and its leadership on the topic of ground up development and redevelopment across product types. University Partners demonstrates your commitment to engaging your students in this mission and these topics in a meaningful way beyond degree requirements.
- ULI is committed to educating the next generation of diverse industry leaders as a mission priority. Through University Partners, ULI demonstrates this commitment by introducing and welcoming a diverse cohort of young people to the commercial real estate industry and related fields.
- ULI is the only interdisciplinary organization of its kind globally, offering programming and content that bridges siloed schools and departments. University Partners demonstrates your commitment to interdisciplinary learning and engagement inside and outside of academia.
- ULI is a connector to market-oriented practitioners and lecturers who can speak from real-world experience and are thought leaders at private, public, and nonprofit organizations locally and globally. University Partners eases your student’s transition into and pathway throughout their career by giving them access to an extensive network of 45,000 practitioners worldwide.
- ULI is a global repository of best practice, innovation, and excellence in real estate and land use and has been for more than 85 years. University Partners connects students, faculty, and researchers to ULI’s up-to-the-minute and historical content and offers the opportunity to shape and draw from ULI’s research and our sector-specific product councils.
- ULI is a recognized source of high-quality, practitioner-based industry research and world-class education for the CRE industry through ULI Learning (learning.uli.org). You can become a University Partner by providing your students access to these supplemental resources.