ULI welcomes nominations on a rolling basis with submissions for the following year due at the end of the current year. Nominations for the 2022 Prize are due by Friday, December 31, 2021.
WHO CAN NOMINATE
Anyone may submit a nomination at any time – one does not need to be a member of ULI to nominate. ULI accepts self-nominations.
ULI keeps all nominations in strict confidence, including from the nominee, and asks those who nominate to do the same.
To nominate, please email email@example.com. It is free to nominate – there are no fees associated with the Prize.
The jury does not review every nomination ULI receives; your nomination is more likely to progress to the jury if you let us know in detail how your nominee meets the criteria below.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO WIN
Nominees are not limited to a specific discipline and may include developers, public officials, educators, authors, journalists, researchers, artists, urban planners, technologists, activists, architects, or landscape architects, among others. The prize cannot be awarded posthumously. Nominees do not need to be a ULI member.
In assessing how well candidates meet the criteria, jurors consider the following questions:
- How are they visionary?
- In what ways have they provided leadership in originating process or advancing their vision of a better future?
- Does their work help and inspire ULI members and others to prepare for a changing world?
- Is there a substantial production of the work, whether in the form of development, policies, books, conferences, prizes, publications and community engagement?
- Does the work demonstrate a record of superior quality?
- Has the success of the work transcended itself (i.e. the individual project, practice, or policy), and inspired others?
- What innovations have they introduced?
- How have they inspired socially and environmentally responsible development?
- Have they taken unique risks to enhance the overall quality of life in communities? And if so, what are the implications of these risks?
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.