The Robert C. Larson Housing Policy Leadership Awards recognize innovative state and local policy initiatives and programs that support the creation and preservation of affordable and workforce housing, specifically housing serving households up to 120% of area median income (AMI).
Eligibility for Submission
- The program or policy must serve households at or below 120% of AMI.
- Submissions of individual developments or projects by themselves do not qualify for this award program, but are eligible for consideration for the Jack Kemp Excellence in Affordable and Workforce Housing Awards.
*Please note: you do not need to be a ULI member to apply.*
The following are the major evaluation factors for the Larson Awards. While there is no assigned value or relative weighting of the evaluation factors, Jurors shall consider each factor in reviewing the Awards submissions.
- Mixed-Income Housing and Communities: Degree to which the policy helps create or sustain mixed-income housing, or contributes to the creation of mixed-income communities through development or preservation of affordable or workforce housing.
- Innovation: Degree to which the policy leverages public resources, attracts new investment, harnesses market forces, and/or engages the private sector and/or community-based organizations in a demonstrably new or enhanced manner for the jurisdiction.
- Replicability: The extent to which the policy can serve as a model for other jurisdictions.
- Results: The degree to which the policy has achieved its intended goals.
For more information, email Terwilliger.Award@uli.org.