Multifamily Council (MFC)
The mission of the Multifamily Council (MFC) is to allow developers, value-add sponsors, equity investors, lenders, and other multifamily service providers, working in different regions and with different transaction profiles, to connect in a collaborative setting. Leadership teams for each council put together a program for each council day which allows its members to discuss and confront issues of mutual concern and build powerful, long term relationships in a non-commercial setting.
To view a list of members please click on the member directory link at the top of this page and perform an advanced search by product council.
Topics addressed by the MFC in recent programs include:
- the engagement of domestic and foreign capital in the multifamily sector
- escalating construction costs and factors
- urban vs. suburban development opportunities
- lessons learned from mixed-use execution
- Responses of product design to evolving demographic trends.
Although the MFC’s occasionally discuss condominium developments and student housing deals, most of the discussion revolves around the development of and investment in market rate apartment projects in projects larger than 100 units in size.
- Designing for new demographic trends
- Finding the value in “value add”
- Examining the impact of development pipelines on operating fundamentals in various markets
- Challenges of incorporating ground floor retail into large multifamily projects in a variety of urban and suburban settings
- Suburban vs. urban: Costs vs. benefits
- Alternative capitalization structures
- The housing affordability challenge