Mirabella at South Waterfront -- 2012 Global Award for Excellence Winner
June 22, 2012
About Mirabella at South Waterfront
Owner/Developer: Pacific Retirement Services
Designer: Ankrom Moisan, Portland, Oregon. Master Planner, Site Planner, Designer, Architect of Record, Interior Designer, Furnishing & Equipment, Artwork Coordination.
Location: Portland, Oregon
Why Mirabella at South Waterfront
Mirabella is a 30-story, LEED Platinum urban “vertical” retirement community including all levels of continuing care with emphasis on a lifestyle for seniors that wish to remain connected and engaged with the greater downtown Portland community. With over 400 residents and employee staff of 140 FTE, the project affords a unique design opportunity for a residential development. The 517,000 sf building on one acre includes 224 upscale apartments, 16 units of assisted care, 23 beds of skilled nursing, and 21 beds of memory care. It also includes 70,000 sf of common area amenities for dining, commercial kitchens, retail, fitness, office and classrooms. Below grade parking for 250 cars is accomplished on one “super level” using mechanically stacked car lifts and tandem parking. The project has achieved 80% occupancy in a challenging economy and has been frequently visited by international architects from China as an example of successful urban housing and model of care for seniors.
Mirabella at South Waterfront
- Urban high rise model of Continuing Care model for seniors wanting to remain actively connected with the community.
- First LEED Platinum Certified Continuing Care Retirement Community in the world.
- Integration of landscape into dense urban development consistent with River Greenway overlay district.
- Recognized internationally by visiting architects and senior housing developers as a model for other countries.
- Marked success in difficult economy and strong acceptance by neighbors and Portland Metro area.