Request for Proposal: Public Private Partnership for Cultural Arts Corridor Development
The City of Fayetteville, Arkansas, is seeking proposals for the development of a building located in the recently designed and funded...
The Manager, University Connections role supports the ULI Learning team and helps to create and deliver programs that connect undergraduate and graduate students to ULI. Under the University Connections umbrella, this role also conducts outreach to universities and colleges, delivers custom packages of benefits for universities, and creates and implements programming for the ULI Etkin Scholars and University Partners programs and other programs that may be developed.
This Manager will establish and maintain friendly working relationships with higher education faculty and administrators. They will communicate directly with faculty in these fields: urban planning and design, architecture, landscape architecture, business, real estate, land use law, economic and community development. The Manager will also work directly with students at the undergraduate and graduate levels in these same fields. In addition, the Manager will be involved with other ULI Learning initiatives, including the ULI awards program.
The position is full-time, exempt, and located in Washington, D.C., although remote working arrangements will be considered.
• Help create and deliver customized partnership agreements and benefits packages for universities with support from the Executive Vice President, the Vice President, and other departments (Membership, Meetings, Corporate Partners, et al.).
• Conduct outreach to universities via personal emails and phone calls; determine their interests and needs for student learning and extracurricular engagement in commercial real estate and related fields.
• Build and maintain a master list of faculty, club, and career center contacts at universities; maintain a master list of university contacts and connections and next steps; communicate updates across the organization, including regular convening of other staff who work with universities.
• Create or coordinate development of web graphics, email templates, and presentation materials and distribute promotional emails, social media content, and surveys aimed at students and faculty, with support from Marketing and Branding and externally contracted vendors.
• Communicate with universities to register students for events, finalize partnership agreements, request invoices and submit for payment, receive and synthesize feedback, and generate new ideas for programming.
ULI Fall and Spring Meeting
• Create and deliver student, faculty, and alumni programming at ULI’s annual meetings.
University Forum and University Partners digital programming
• Coordinate and facilitate biannual or quarterly forum for faculty, and regular virtual and in-person convenings for students.
• Coordinate speakers, agendas, and speaker presentations, and create presentation materials for events.
• Create or coordinate the development of web graphics, email templates, and presentation materials and distribute promotional emails, social media content, and surveys aimed at students and faculty, with support from Marketing and Branding and externally contracted vendors.
• Create, send, and synthesize results from surveys of university partners.
• Recruit mentors; help mentors and students connect and schedule meetings.
• Provide programming guidelines and best practices to mentors and students.
• Serve as Administrator of mentoring platform.
ULI Etkin Scholars
• Create and deliver national student programming for participants.
• Draft and monitor the budget, with support from the Vice President.
• Create and monitor student application in OpenWater submission platform.
• Schedule and facilitate quarterly calls with district council teams.
• Create, distribute, and synthesize regular surveys of students and faculty
• Develop and distribute promotional materials to staff and external partners.
• Distribute and collect reporting templates and results to district councils.
• Synthesize program results into quarterly and annual reporting to donor.
• As needed, support for ULI Learning course development and delivery, faculty collaborations, and/or research.
• As needed, support the delivery of national and regional awards and competitions, including application review, jury communications, meeting scheduling and support, website updates, and data and graphic asset management. Programs include at least the ULI Hines Student Competition, the ULI Prize for Visionaries in Urban Development, and the ULI Global and Americas Awards for Excellence.
• At least 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in program coordination and program development and management.
• Proficient in Office 365: Office, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Experience with one or more of the following platforms may be helpful: WordPress, Higher Logic/Real Magnet, Slack, Netforum, PowerBI, or QuestionPro.
• Experience in higher education or working with colleges and universities preferred.
• Experience with events management, mentoring, instructional design, and/or facilitation may be useful.
• Intermediate to advanced program coordination experience.
• Proficient with cold-calling and light sales/business development type work.
• Beginning budgeting skills.
• Interest in or basic familiarity with one or more of the follow topics or skills preferred: real estate, land use, urban planning, urban design, community or economic development, education, or curriculum development.
• Ability to manage both operational, task-oriented work, and creative/strategic work.
• High degree of comfort engaging with individuals of all professional levels.
• Interest in developing creative thought leadership programming to engage ULI members and stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal skills—including the ability to build, engage, and manage relationships with multiple key stakeholders internally and externally.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work/life experience
As required and with available budget, availability to travel to major domestic conferences (approximately 2 per year).
To apply, please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
ULI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.