The mission of the Lifestyle Residential Development Council 55+ is to share best practices, explore and lead innovation, and influence the creation of communities, residences, lifestyles, and opportunities that captivate, strengthen, and intrigue 55+ customers.
To view a list of members please click on the member directory link at the top of this page and perform an advanced search by product council.
To view a list of leadership for product councils, please click here.
- All forms of age-qualified and/or age-targeted lifestyle residential communities
- All product forms: market rate, affordable, and low-income; for-sale, rental, or creative finance; new, adaptive re-use, or rehab; single-family, attached, and multi-family
- All sites: urban, suburban, small town, and/or rural
- Current and projected 55+ consumer sectors: trends, preferences, affinity groups, demand, and market opportunities
- Design of communities: site plan, architecture, residential, barrier‐free, interior design, landscape and outdoor spaces
- Innovative business models and development strategies for 55+ lifestyle products
- Strategies for lifestyle residential community developers and their companies to remain viable during recessionary downturns
- Finance for 55+ single‐family, multi‐family and alternative forms of housing
- Branding, marketing, and sales strategies by product type and market sectors among the 55+ lifestyle consumers
- Creation of the “sense of community” (people to people) both within and beyond the boundaries of the development
- Planning of community amenities, services, and programming
- Intra and intergenerational planning, programming, and development
- Creative healthy spaces, places, and programming
- Municipal resources
- Legal issues and creative regulatory compliance