Key Leaders Engagement Opportunities and Benefits
Key Leaders Engagement Opportunities
Each ULI engagement opportunity described provides key leaders a unique chance to have an impact on their communities and the real estate industry to further ULI’s mission. These are ULI’s impact programs and rely on the commitment of ULI’s top leadership for their success.
Engagement opportunities are grouped into four categories:
• Advisory Services
Serve on a panel or be part of measuring the panel’s impact after the engagement.
If you would like to contribute your knowledge and time to creating impact through Advisory Services but are not able to commit to serving on a five-day panel, the following opportunities also exist.
Before the panel convenes:
- Contribute information and/or data based on local knowledge and subject matter expertise to help refine the panel’s scope and for use in compilation of the panel’s briefing book.
- Share key stakeholder contacts and suggest interviewees from the local community with whom the panel should consult before starting its work.
During the week of the panel:
- Attend the panel’s kickoff dinner and share your perspectives.
- Provide your particular expertise to advise the panel (i.e., market analysis).
- Serve as an adviser to the panel, where applicable.
- Attend the panel’s presentation at the end of the week.
After the panel submits its recommendations:
- Support implementation of the recommendations in the local community.
• District Councils
Serve on a committee or advisory group, speak at an event, mentor a Young Leader, or participate in a Technical Assistance Panel (TAP).
• Juries and Awards
Serve on a jury if you would like to distinguish and recognize the best in the industry.
Mentor participants as they work through their project or be part of the team that follows up on local impact.
• Learning Programs
Teach a course for ULI or serve as a guest lecturer.
• Thought Leadership
Speak at a ULI convening or organize a program session.
Serve on an advisory board, speak at a workshop or conference, or contribute to books, case studies, research, and Urban Land articles.
• Product Councils
Serve as a chair, assistant chair, Annual Fund ambassador, or Council Day program or membership lead.
Building the Future
Share career advice and experiences.
• Women’s Leadership Initiative
Engage at the local or regional level to further advancement of women in real estate.
• Young Leaders and NEXT Groups
Show the next generation of real estate professionals the path to success.
Download the Key Leaders Program Playbook for a full listing and descriptions of engagement opportunities!
Please reach out to Mary Beth Corrigan to get involved in furthering ULI’s mission.
Key Leaders Benefits
• Bimonthly Key Leaders newsletter, Key Leaders Opportunities
• Access to the Key Leaders Lounge, private check-in, and Key Leaders credentials at the Spring and Fall Meetings
As outlined in the initial announcement for the network, we are asking ULI Key Leaders to help us continue building on ULI’s mission through philanthropy. A yearly $2,500 contribution to the ULI Foundation will build stronger programs, create larger community impact, and result in a greater legacy for you and ULI. This contribution will be credited to the total lifetime giving levels of Key Leaders.
If you prefer not to make this contribution at this time, you will continue to receive the Key Leaders newsletter, and be recognized as a Key Leader online and at the Spring and Fall Meetings, as well as be welcomed into the Key Leaders Lounge.
For Key Leaders making an annual contribution of $2,500, benefits include:
SPRING AND FALL MEETING BENEFITS
• Exclusive real estate tour of an innovative and unique project in the meeting host city
• Invitation to the Global Governing Trustees and Leadership Dinner (Fall Meeting only)
• Invitation to the Key Leaders Thought Leadership Breakfast
• Online Key Leaders Directory
• Global Key Leaders Passport Program