The Urban Land Institute, located at 2001 L Street, NW, has paid internship opportunities for outstanding graduate and undergraduate students.
The Urban Land Institute Greenprint Center for Building Performance is a worldwide alliance of leading real estate owners, investors, and strategic partners committed to improving the environmental performance of the global real estate industry through value-enhancing strategies. Through measurement, benchmarking, knowledge sharing, and the implementation of best practices, Greenprint and its members strive to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent by 2030. Greenprint is a research center within the ULI Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance, which also oversees ULI’s Urban Resilience Program and the Building Healthy Places Initiative. For additional information on ULI, please visit www.uli.org.
Overview of Internship:
The intern(s) could participate in a range of activities, including:
- Generating building performance data analyses and visualizations of ULI Greenprint member portfolios;
- Creating resources and guidance documents on real estate best practices and trends in the market;
- Conducting market research tracking city climate action plans that encourage real estate sustainability;
- Developing case studies on sustainability in leased spaces; and
- Writing articles for Urban Land online related to green building topics of relevance.
Strong candidates will be undergraduate or graduate students in a related field. Candidates should have good research capabilities. Strong written, oral, and verbal communication skills are a must. Experience in data analysis with MS Excel is highly encouraged. Basic understanding of sustainability, green buildings, and the real estate market preferred.
The ULI summer intern program will run from June 6 through August 7. Workweeks are 37.5 hours.
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and letter of interest by April 3, 2019, by clicking on the link below.
No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time. The Urban Land Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.