The Hotel Development Council (HDC) is comprised of a “best in class” group of developers, owners, operators, lenders, investors, brokers, advisors and consultants of hotel and resort projects located throughout the United States.
The HDC strives to keep our membership comprised of senior executives from a cross section of the lodging industry, yet with an eye on rising influencers from the industry and to select individuals who will contribute their knowledge and expertise to the group. Each council meeting is designed to stimulate thought provoking exchanges among members and for members to share real-time examples and details of current market conditions and transactions. These meetings are set up to be confidential, collegial and collaborative with the goal of having genuine take-home value for members from lessons learned to the exploration of new ideas/trends. Ultimately, the goal of HDC is to provide its members with information and interaction not available at any other industry conference.
HDC meetings typically combine both industry panels moderated by council members on relevant and current topics affecting the industry, as well as guest presenters who are distinguished leaders in their respective fields to provide strategic thought and purpose to a relevant topic affecting the lodging industry.
To view a list of members please click on the member directory link at the top of this page and perform an advanced search by product council.
To view a list of leadership for product councils, please click here.
The goals of the HDC include:
- Exchanging new ideas and opportunities
- Sharing lessons-learned and best practices to correct mistakes and to ensure a prosperous future in hospitality for generations to come
- Reviewing deal structures to better understand demand and improve investment returns
- Serving as a repository of up to the minute industry statistics and other information to keep our members apprised of current market trends
- Inviting unique guest speakers whose thoughts and ideas are often critical to the well-being of the industry
- Networking and socializing within the Council to cross-pollinate ideas and advance the business objectives of the membership and to foster collegiality and true friendship among Council members
- The Council provides its members with an engaging ‘”open forum” to discuss current trends and key issues impacting the industry which is specifically designed to enable and encourage members to contribute their energy and ideas
- Acquisition, Development and Financing of Hotel and Resort Projects
- Asset classes include limited service, boutique, full service, luxury, and convention hotels
- Topics of discussion include related issues involving mixed-use, residential, recreational, gaming and other hospitality-related real estate projects
- Topics relevant to the cycles of real estate including foreclosure, workouts, bankruptcies and other matters that are impacted by all market cycles Members come from REITs, private equity, banks, hotel managers and franchisors, foreign and domestic capital sources, large and small hotel developers, intermediaries and other relevant sectors of the hospitality industry.