University Forum- Spring Meeting Schedule
May 12th- 3:30pm-5:00pm ET
This session will explore the future of the real estate job market for recent graduates, the state of undergraduate real estate education, and the research interests of ULI member faculty in real estate and related fields. The agenda will consist of facilitated conversation, possibly with breakouts, as determined by the participants. If you are interested in a leadership role with this forum in May or in the future, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3:30pm – 3:40pm: Welcome/Introductions
- 3:40pm – 4:10pm: The future of the real estate job market for recent graduates. What employment opportunities do we anticipate will exist in the next 5, 10, 20 years, and how can we meet the needs of future employers and ensure a pipeline of diverse students are prepared to capitalize on those opportunities?
- 4:10pm – 4:40pm: The state of undergraduate real estate education. We’ve seen a lot of growth and change in undergraduate commercial real estate education. Where is undergraduate CRE education headed and how will we need to adapt and support students and other learners now and in the future?
- 4:40pm – 5:00pm: What are key research interests for the community of ULI members and how can we facilitate collaborations to achieve your research goals?
Register here for the 2021 Virtual Spring Meeting.
The inaugural meeting of the University Forum in May 2021 is to convene ULI members who are faculty, administrators, or otherwise engaged in real estate and land use education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Initial purpose of the Forum is for members to share best practices and challenges in commercial real estate education including: leveraging ULI resources, engaging ULI members, new ideas for curricular and extracurricular learning, mentoring, internships and job opportunities for students and emerging professionals, and diversifying the pipeline of students entering the commercial real estate industry and related sectors. In addition, the Forum provides the opportunity to connect on applied research and other contributions to the disciplines. The University Forum welcomes members with academic backgrounds and professional interests in student engagement related to multiple disciplines, including real estate development and finance, community and economic development, urban planning and design, architecture, landscape architecture, land use law, and historic preservation, et al. The Forum provides an opportunity to:
- Share best practices in real estate and land use education and extracurricular learning at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Create or expand on collaborative extracurricular student experiences across institutions and markets.
- Identify and test strategies for welcoming and supporting a more diverse set of students entering the real estate and land use professions.
- Identify and support ULI development of resources for undergraduate and graduate learning and applied research.
Senior Director, ULI Awards