October 8, 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM ET: Session #1
October 9, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM ET: Session #2
2020 ULI Virtual Fall Meeting Registration required to attend. To register, visit fall.uli.org.
Session #1, October 8th: Financing New Housing Paradigms
Join in on this conversation and hear how the latest housing typologies are getting financed today and discover innovative solutions within today’s complex framework of evolving housing finance.
Founder and President, Strategic Economics
Senior Managing Director, RCLCO
Founder, Catalyst Housing Group
Session #2, October 9th: Adaptive Reuse & Conversions to New Housing Paradigms
Join in on this conversation and hear from experts and explore how conversions of old, obsolete and/or struggling uses such as hotel, retail, and office are getting converted into new housing typologies today.
We see a nationwide need for more and more-affordable housing options (including: student, workforce, age restricted, etc.), but current measures are still not providing what is needed. This forum should be solutions-oriented.
- What is the role for market-rate developers in helping to create/build affordable housing?
- Are there new models of housing (co-living, micro-units) that should be explored or encouraged among various populations or in certain cities?
- Is there a way to build income achievable housing that not only serves populations under the current economic conditions, but also when the market takes a downturn?
- Where can we find successful models and how can we adapt them to our cities?
- Can we repurpose certain types of housing, or combine multiple needs in one development?
- Is there a role for the private developer in helping to manage the jobs-housing mismatch? If not, could/should there be?
- Who really holds the power to create and actualize change?
- Why diversity matters in real estate, making the business case
- How do transportation options impact housing options?