New Housing Paradigms Forum- Spring Meeting Schedule
May 10th- 12:30pm-2:00pm ET
“Technology’s Impact on Housing Today”
This session will explore how technology has changed the way we live and how it will impact housing in the future. The session will be broken into two parts with a break and ample time for Q&A. More information about this session is forthcoming so stay tuned!
Register here for the 2021 Virtual Spring Meeting.
We see a nationwide need for more and more-affordable housing options (including: student, workforce, age restricted, etc.), but current measures are still not providing what is needed. This forum should be solutions-oriented.
- What is the role for market-rate developers in helping to create/build affordable housing?
- Are there new models of housing (co-living, micro-units) that should be explored or encouraged among various populations or in certain cities?
- Is there a way to build income achievable housing that not only serves populations under the current economic conditions, but also when the market takes a downturn?
- Where can we find successful models and how can we adapt them to our cities?
- Can we repurpose certain types of housing, or combine multiple needs in one development?
- Is there a role for the private developer in helping to manage the jobs-housing mismatch? If not, could/should there be?
- Who really holds the power to create and actualize change?
- Why diversity matters in real estate, making the business case
- How do transportation options impact housing options?