We are looking for a content manager to support the development and delivery of ULI global content assets (research, insights, thought leadership articles, webinars, visualization, etc.). This will be accomplished via a comprehensive content marketing strategy to create and strengthen brand awareness and thought leadership, encourage membership acquisition and renewals, and grow philanthropic engagement. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Content Strategy and Marketing and is a part of a team of three.
As the Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Sr Director of Content Strategy and Marketing in the design of the overall content strategy. The Content Manager’s primary responsibility will be executing, managing, and reporting on Tier 1 content activities. In addition, it will include working with the program owners to understand annual plans and define key content assets to develop which will deliver against overall content strategy program-level objectives. This high-impact role will work cross-functionally with the global program, research, foundation, and publications teams. It will be supported by the Member Experience, Brand, PR, and Communications and Marketing teams to help identify and create exceptional content and campaigns that support our channels to help drive demand and growth throughout the marketing funnel.
This is a hybrid, full-time, exempt position, located in Washington, DC.
- Create engaging content to advance the buyer’s journey across all channels including online blogs, webinars, social media, email, video, and podcasts.
- Work with the Content Marketing team to improve the workflow and processes to scale content marketing output and build a top-notch operation by developing templates, SOPS, playbooks, and other tactics.
- Support in the design of a data-driven, audience -first long term (or annual) content strategy
- Work with the Content Marketing Associate to create and manage an organization-wide editorial calendar mapped to business objectives, key announcements, and events.
- Work with the Senior Director to partner with internal resources and agencies to craft content optimized for our audience segments, digital experience, and organic search.
- Work with the Senior Director to collaborate with the member experience team to share content opportunities to drive lifecycle membership marketing, including awareness, engagement, and renewal.
- Collaborate with the Urban Land magazine team via monthly content strategy meetings to identify content marketing opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Social Media team to develop and share promotional content that supports content marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Work with the traffic manager to guide the prioritization of content development in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing requests.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing the brief intake process for tier 1 content stakeholders to ensure projects are clearly defined to enable effective development of content assets and deployment.
- Work with channel owners to ensure content campaigns are executed on time.
- Collaborate with other marketing teammates to ensure our content initiatives are considered in every program, channel, and campaign we run.
- Track and report content performance metrics and use that data in content-planning cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field, or 3-5 years of proven content marketing and project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word and PowerPoint; WordPress or other content management system (CMS) software, project management software, marketing automation software, and digital asset management software experience is a plus.
- Previous copywriting, graphic design experience, and working in a digital marketing agency are not required but are strongly encouraged.
- Track record of working effectively in a rapidly changing and demanding environment across time zones
- Ability to understand, digest and distill complex concepts for mass consumption via engaging content.
- Track record of quickly learning and applying new business domain knowledge to content strategy and asset creation
- Ability to develop and document content marketing strategy plans and effectively communicate them to leaders and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to measure, manage, analyze, and report on KPIs with the business acumen to make recommendations.
- Comfortable building relationships with all role levels and types
- Intellectual curiosity, a problem-solving mindset, and a team-oriented work ethic
- Strong content presentation & communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new concepts, tools, and markets.
- Proactive, energetic, efficient, resourceful team player with a dedication to excellence
ULI has a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation, and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sexual violence, or any other status protected by applicable law.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.