At ULI, customer service associates are the first point of contact for ULI members and nonmember customers to provide information about services, ULI programming, and events. Associates also resolve any emerging challenges that members may face with accuracy and efficiency.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Associate, Customer Service Operations for ULI Europe is to provide first-tier service in the region, including response via email and phone as well as on-site event support.
The Customer Service Associate is to ensure that excellent service standards are maintained by responding expeditiously and efficiently to customer inquiries with the goal of maintaining the Institute’s high customer satisfaction rating. This new position also plays an integral role in ensuring that ULI Europe accomplishes its strategic goals relative to member engagement and strengthening the regional organization.
He or she must have proficiency in working in databases, thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess strong communications skills (verbal and written), have good process-execution skills, be able to recommend efficiencies and process improvement for membership satisfaction, and possess a strong service-oriented work ethos. The person hired for the position must also be comfortable working as part of a global shared-service structure with a remote manager and support local stakeholders’ service requirements while fully executing assigned duties.
This is a full-time position scheduled to work 37.5 hours per week and located in London, U.K., reporting to the Vice President, Global Customer Service Operations .
- Provide customer service to the ULI Member Network in the region.
- Provide customer service via current and future channels (including region-specific phone, email, and chat).
- Accept and route incoming calls for the region for ULI’s case-management system.
- Facilitate payment processing.
- Create and update customer profile information/demographics.
- Create, update, renew, and cancel ULI memberships.
- Create, update, renew, and cancel ULI event registrations.
- Process wire transfers appropriately in partnership with the ULI Global Customer Service Team in the Americas and Europe; and the ULI Finance team.
- Participate in user acceptance testing as needed.
- Address member/customer/corporate inquiries, and issues regarding event promotions and discounts.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with members through open and interactive communication.
- Assist in ULI Europe invoicing and issuing receipt upon internal and external request.
- Work closely with the Corporate Relations Manager to support the Europe Corporate membership program including, but not limited to, payment updates, processing of Corporate Membership applications, renewals, and roster changes.
- Manage returned email and update customer information in the database.
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies outlined by the Vice President, ULI Global Customer Service, and ULI Europe, Manager of Operations.
- Participate in global customer service training sessions and calls.
- Occasional travel to conferences to run on-site registration desk.
- Support overflow customer service tasks during peak periods in ULI America and Asia as part of the global team including answering email.
- Participate in user acceptance testing for new database processes.
- Participate in global team meeting via conference call and may travel to the Americas annually for training and “all hands” business operations team meetings.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years or more, with proven experience in customer support or client services, preferably in a membership organization or similar.
- Experience working in customer relationship management (CRM) databases, preferably in a membership organization.
- Good project management and time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, initiate new ideas/projects, and take ownership of delivering results.
- Excellent attention to detail, and strong ability to multitask.
- Strong team player and thrives in a team-focused environment.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. An understanding of German and French is a plus. Eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
- Degree holder or above.
To apply, please click on the link below. A résumé and cover letter are required with your application.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.