BASIC FUNCTION: The Program Manager for ULI’s knowledge program oversees the technical and operational delivery of multiple systems and processes that unlock the accumulated knowledge and experience of ULI in order to provide value to the Institute’s members.
The Program Manager will directly oversee and be the Project Manager for multiple projects that develop, operate, and enhance the overall knowledge program. The knowledge program currently integrates data across a broad range of systems to include CRM (netFORUM), case management (Zendesk), e-marketing (RealMagnet), online communities (Higher Logic), web CMS (WordPress), and content personalization (Optimizely).
The Program Manager will ensure that these existing integrations are maintained, as well as build out additional integrations as necessary to capture content created across the organization—reports, case studies, meeting agendas—and make them accessible to ULI staff and members worldwide. The knowledge program will encompass all types of content formats—PDFs, documents, presentations, audio files, images, and video files.
The Program Manager will oversee projects and vendors that use artificial intelligence (AI) to automatically transcript, tag, and adapt content for multiple languages.
The Program Manager will serve as the lead coordinator for the Knowledge Program Core Team, which is composed of senior staff at ULI, and effectively represent the vision of the ULI Global Board and delivery strategy of the Chief Marketing Membership Officer.
The Program Manager will work closely with IT (architecture), digital marketing (brand and delivery), and member experience (strategy and roadmap) during all phases of project management.
This is a full-time, exempt position, located in Washington, DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define project scope, budget, goals, and deliverables that support ULI knowledge program goals in collaboration with ULI management (Knowledge Program Core Team and Chief Marketing Membership Officer) and stakeholders (ULI Centers & Initiatives, District and National Councils, Product Councils, Events, Customer Service).
- Identify ULI stakeholder and member requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; study how content is created and consumed, including data categorization and labeling.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- As an effective project manager, plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Manage the approved program budget, timely submission of expenses, and provide financial status reporting on a regular basis.
- Secure vendors to perform necessary work and manage contract life cycle.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and assume accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Prepare a long-term plan for knowledge and information asset development, based on ULI goals and input from stakeholders.
- Develop and implement plans for knowledge program technology assets to be used across ULI web and digital properties. Maintain accurate documentation showing systems, integrations, and data flow across ULI.
- Collaborate with content owners to organize and store their assets within the knowledge program systems.
- Work closely with the IT, digital marketing, and end users to form architectures for knowledge capture, indexing, retention, retrieval, and use.
- Maintain constant engagement with stakeholders (ULI Centers & Initiatives, District and National Councils, Product Councils, Events, Customer Service) in order to enumerate, analyze, catalog, and suggest improvements to the strategic, core, and support processes of the knowledge program.
- Create technical process model/flows that show technical integration points between knowledge program systems and their relationship to ULI business requirements.
- Will supervise outside contractors as necessary for the development and ongoing support of technologies and systems that comprise the ULI knowledge sharing program.
- 5 years’ direct work experience covering all processes of project management: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and meeting business requirements.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Teamwork, BaseCamp, or Microsoft Project.
- Hands-on experience integrating cloud-based services and with integration tools. Experience with systems similar to the current knowledge program is beneficial.
- Direct experience integrating knowledge capture, search, and presentation with web and digital properties is beneficial.
- Strong technology research skill set with proven ability to architect and present technology alternatives based on scope-level business concepts.
- Deep expertise around industry best practices in the various aspects of IT, technology trends, enterprise operations knowledge, and the ability to develop solutions to implement key business strategies.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, providing the appropriate level of detail and focus on the right information.
- Superior quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
To apply, please click on the link below. A résumé and cover letter are required with your application.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.