The Manager, working in close coordination with district council members, administers all aspects of coordinating programs and developing marketing and communications strategies for membership involvement and sponsorship support toward the advancement of goals and objectives of the district council. The Manager will maintain a close working relationship with the District Chair for local reporting and responsibilities.
- Manages, in close coordination with the District Council Chair, the planning and implementation of the district council’s program of work including, subject to market factors:
- Programs and events throughout the region focused on, among other subjects, real estate trends, sustainability/smart growth, housing, infrastructure, and capital markets
- Young Leaders Group programs and events
- UrbanPlan Program
- Policy & Practice initiatives
- Local Technical Advisory Program panels
- Regional product
- The district council’s annual report.
- Manages multiple volunteer committees to develop and meet goals and objectives for programs/community outreach, membership involvement, and sponsorship support.
- Responsible for coordinating small and large networking and educational programs/events.
- Oversees all logistics for securing speakers, venues, vendors, on-site staffing, handling transportation, print and digital marketing collateral, photography, A/V, signage, and insurance, etc., for programs and events.
- Oversees all budgets and tracks expenses and revenues for the district council and by programs, events, solicitations, etc.
- Handles all related financial and administrative tasks.
- Develops and maintains program calendar.
- Manages, creates, and/or updates all marketing and communications for the district council including, but not limited to, the district council website, newsletters, membership directories, and press releases.
- Takes and distributes minutes of all district council executive committee and committee meetings.
In addition to the above-listed responsibilities, the Manager will assist with the coordination of other district council responsibilities related to staffing committees, participating in strategic planning sessions, and creating budgets and recertification plans for yearly review. The Manager works directly with ULI members and vendors, especially the District Council Chair, members of the executive committee, and members of committees. The Manager will also develop and maintain relationships with local nonprofits, public agencies, community leaders, local universities, and other related professional groups.
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- Five-plus years of experience in event planning, nonprofit management, or a related field. Experience with local real estate and land use issues. Combination of education and experience accepted.
- BA degree strongly desired. Degree in urban planning, public administration, or real estate development is a plus.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Photoshop or graphic design skills, a plus.
- Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public-sector executives.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to initiate and prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely with responsible follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide courteous customer service and professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Proven project and office management skills, including creative problem solving.
- Aptitude for financial management and budgeting with outstanding attention to detail.
- Meeting and event coordination skills.
- Interest in real estate and land use desired.
- Ability to attend early morning and evening events is required.
- Ability to travel to events throughout the state.
- Use of personal vehicle may be required for local travel.
- Some out-of-state travel may be required.
Expand HR Consulting has been retained to assist ULI with this search. To apply, please send a letter of interest and résumé to Sharon Ossi, Human Resources Consultant, at email@example.com, with the subject line “Manager, ULI Cleveland.” A list of ULI’s employee benefits can be found at http://uli.org/about-uli/career-opportunities/benefits/. EOE/m/f/d/v.