Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Marketing, the Junior Project Manager will oversee the project management of multiple initiatives to develop and maintain the technology for websites in the ULI.org domain, as well as mobile apps. As a digital project manager, he or she will play an essential role in ensuring that projects meet or exceed documented expectations and are delivered on time and on budget.
The Junior Project Manager will create and maintain websites and apps that share our members’ expertise around affordable and workforce housing, sustainable and resilient building strategies, fostering health through the built environment, and other best practices that shape successful cities and regions. They will be responsible for meeting with stakeholders to understand business needs; defining feature specifications with product managers; setting and managing timelines and staffing requirements; tracking and regularly reporting on financials; creating and maintaining all documentation and centrally storing it; and preparing and presenting regular, succinct executive status updates. The key to success in this role will be in collaborating with many stakeholders, including ULI members; staff from marketing, membership, IT, content, and other teams; and external digital agencies.
- Provide project management for multiple, concurrent digital initiatives. Project sizes will range from small to large.
- Propose and prioritize new projects throughout the course of the fiscal year to support the global strategic plan and regional objectives.
- Collaborate with the product management team to define and prioritize features.
- Facilitate discussions and understanding between colleagues and the project managers for external digital agencies. Clarify requirements and establish written expectations among all parties.
- Set and manage project schedules and staffing requirements among multiple teams.
- Ensure that tasks are completed and provide status updates on a regular basis to stakeholders. Disseminate lessons learned to improve ULI’s practices.
- Ensure that projects stay on budget and raise scope creep to stakeholders. Shepherd contract approvals, submit invoices, and manage change orders as warranted.
- Find the best possible solutions at the best possible prices for ULI’s technology.
- Ensure that the quality and consistency across all projects are consistent with brand guidelines.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with calm and confident leadership.
- This position offers exciting opportunities to work directly with ULI members and colleagues in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. This requires the ability to work on a diverse team, the flexibility to occasionally work outside of regular office hours to accommodate colleagues in other time zones, and a desire to drive continuous digital improvements that create value for ULI members and support them in delivering our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Additional relevant certifications, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in digital project management.
- Strong time-management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently and with others required.
- Ability to analyze a request, understand business objectives, and develop an appropriate solution required.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required.
- Superior meeting-facilitation skills required.
- Ability to communicate and provide training on technical material to a nontechnical audience required.
- Experience within an interactive agency preferred.
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams or similar project management software preferred.
- Experience with netFORUM, Real Magnet, and Higher Logic is a plus.
- Experience working within an agile development methodology preferred.
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus.
- Experience working with nonprofits or membership associations is a plus
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.