ULI Los Angeles seeks an energetic and entrepreneurial Associate to serve as an integral member of the team responsible for engaging local members, managing committees and programs, and working with partners to advance the mission of ULI and deliver value to members. The Associate will work closely with the three-person team and member leadership to implement the organization’s strategic plan.
The Associate works closely with the Executive Director and Senior Director to maintain administrative, financial and office operations of the Los Angeles District Council, including membership, sponsorship, programs, communications and community outreach.
As an integral part of the District Council team, the Associate serves as a professional liaison between the District Council, ULI headquarters, and Los Angeles real estate, planning and development professionals. Often, the Associate is the face of the ULI Los Angeles District Council – members call them first for assistance and information, so it is imperative that the Associate be courteous and friendly with and for whom they work. The position necessitates that the Associate be able to travel to District Council events and functions and work occasionally in the early mornings or evenings.
The ideal candidate must have strong organizational and project management skills, excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills, superior intrapersonal skills and the ability to work independently. Experience in event planning is preferred. Experience in nonprofit administration, public administration, communications, and/or community relations desired.
This is a full-time exempt position located in Los Angeles, California.
- Assists with maintenance of District Council operations including but not limited to: supplies and equipment, files, databases, records, calendars, inventories, and other District Council resources, equipment and maintenance as needed.
- Assist with production and distribution of all correspondence to members and non-members.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Committee to create, produce and manage distribution of District Council collateral materials.
- Respond to district council member/non-member requests via phone and email inquiries.
- Assist with membership related needs including membership welcome, orientation, retention, and recruitment strategies.
- Support standing committees and other working groups as needed.
- Assist with analysis of member and non-member records for membership, sponsorship, attendance and budget patterns for forecasting short- and long-term goals.
- Assist with NetForum input from and reporting to the District Council, including, but not limited to: committee assignments, complimentary event passes for registration of members of the press, speakers, sponsors and other dignitaries.
- Support District Council programs and events, including planning, production and follow up. Tasks include securing and working with the venue, printing and processing name badges, mailing thank you letters, and handling prior and on-site registrations, final registration of attendees, post-event “tally sheets” and processing event-specific invoices.
- Assist in developing and maintaining vendor relationships, sourcing appropriate suppliers for catering, audio-visual equipment or information technology in support of District Council events.
- Assist in updating the District Council website, utilizing ULI’s content management systems, including but not limited to: marketing for upcoming events, news related to District Council initiatives, members in the news, and other pertinent activities.
- Improve and update District Council digital media, including but not limited to the website, e-blasts, e-newsletters, videos, social media, blog, photos, etc.
- Assist with promoting news and updates on District Council work program and events with appropriate staff at ULI headquarters.
- Track expenses to improve budgetary performance.
- Process accounts payable and receivable for all activities associated with the District Council, including but not limited to sponsorships, programs, membership, community outreach, book orders, supplies, etc.
- Help train and manage District Council’s part-time Interns and volunteers.
- Perform other administrative, marketing and communications duties and projects as required, to contribute to a team effort.
- Work with District Council Staff and Sponsorship Committee to draft annual letters for current District Council sponsors and prospective District Council sponsors.
- Keep all sponsorship information current and up to date to ensure accurate tracking of fundraising progress and sponsor benefit utilization; this includes pledges and collections from renewing sponsors, as well as prospective sponsors.
Maintains daily relationship with, and reports to the ULI Los Angeles District Council Senior Associate, and work directly with other District Council staff and at ULI headquarters, and disseminate information to applicable parties and departments, including membership, meeting production, finance and customer service teams.
Daily direct work with ULI members, including certain Advisory Board members serving in key committee leadership positions, members, member firms, sponsors, prospects, vendors, collaborative partner organizations, and consultants.
- BA/BS required.
- 1-3 years work experience preferred.
- Proven project and operation management skills, including the ability to creatively solve problems and simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Proven meeting and event coordination skills. Ability to attend early morning and evening events is required.
- Knowledge of and competency with graphics and communications software strongly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Adobe and PowerPoint. Familiarity and proficiency with web-based tools, such as content management systems or internet-based tools for updating and publishing content to dynamic website.
- Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Aptitude for financial management and budgeting with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely with responsible follow-through.
- Ability to initiate tasks and assume responsibility, and to work with minimal supervision in a high production position.
- Adaptability and ability to provide courteous customer service and professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Use of personal vehicle may be required for local travel.
To apply, please click on apply button below. Please submit a resume and letter of interest with your application.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement.