Reporting to the Senior Director, Awards, the Associate, Awards & Advisory Services supports program development, implementation, and administration of a group of external-facing ULI programs which includes Advisory Services, Awards, UrbanPlan, and Professional Development (the Team).
The position supports the Executive Vice President for Advisory Services, plus projects and activities driven by other Team members, as assigned by the Executive Vice President. The position will provide significant support to the management and administration of the Awards programs, as assigned by the Senior Director of Awards. This programming includes the ULI Hines Student Competition, the J.C. Nichols Prize for Visionaries in Urban Development, the Global Awards for Excellence, and the Urban Open Space Awards.
In addition to strong writing, communication, and administrative skills, the position requires robust project management skills, close attention to detail, the ability to collaborate across different ULI teams, and a proactive and positive approach to the different programs.
Providing support for the Executive Vice President for Advisory Services
- Scheduling and preparing for meetings/calls, interfacing with team and senior management on his behalf
- Researching and creating PowerPoint or other presentations
- Administrative tasks such as document transmission, invoice processing, and budget tracking
- Estimated 20 percent of time spent in this category
Awards program support
- Coordinating jury meetings and processes, and creation of related materials
- Administration of awards submissions and applications, and associated events and knowledge products
- Research and write-ups on topics required for jury evaluation
- Compiling nominee biographies and briefing materials
- General program management activities, including: writing, research, management of photos, graphics, invoicing, PowerPoint development, database entry, and event scheduling
- Estimated 65 percent of time spent in this category
Advisory Services, Professional Development, and UrbanPlan support
- Logistical support for UrbanPlan events and Advisory Service Panels and Professional Development events
- Participant tracking and communications and general program management activities for all three groups
- Estimated 15 percent of time spent in this category
- One to four years of administrative or programmatic experience in the public, private, or nonprofit sector engaged in built environment and urban development topics.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with GIS or Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Administrative capacity to manage contracts, invoicing, etc.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to initiate tasks and to work with minimal supervision in a high-production environment.
- Great attitude, adaptable to changing priorities, and willing to ask questions
- Proactive and resourceful with excellent follow-through
- Ability to work flexible hours based on the needs of the team
- Ability to travel is required (less than 5%)
- Undergraduate degree required
To apply, please click on the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.