BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY: Act as primary support to the Advisory Services program. Complete tasks to advance the Advisory Services program of ULI including recruiting panelists, staffing panel assignments on site, writing and editing reports, organizing project analysis sessions, and assisting in other day-to-day activities of the programs. Act as production coordinator for Advisory Services panel reports. Act as administrative support for the ULI Advisory Services program.
This is a full time exempt position located in Washington, D.C. reporting to the Senior Vice President, Advisory Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist SVP and other members of the Advisory Services staff on a variety of administrative functions.
- Staff Advisory Services assignments on site. Work with the panel chair to carry out the assignment and assist, as needed, in writing the report.
- Recruit member teams to participate in panels.
- Produce marketing materials—such as brochures, infographics, and quarterly newsletter—for both internal and external Advisory Services marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate production of Advisory Services panel reports including managing design of illustrations, monitoring production schedules, and coordinating report production with the publications department.
- Substantively edit reports and other Advisory Services products and assist in the production of the reports.
- Assist in updating online presence for the Advisory Services program.
- Travel to panel locations. Note: Travel could approach 30% of the time for this position.
- Provide support to logistics team during on-site panel assignment.
- Support logistics team for post-panel invoicing from hotel, restaurants, and vendors.
- Act as primary contact for post-panel contact with panelists regarding reimbursement of expenses.
- Act as primary staff for ULI panel invoicing and contact with accounting staff on panel financial information.
- Write articles for ULI publications and participate in other research, education, and publications projects on an occasional basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Close coordination within Advisory Services staff and sponsor community teams on all issues related to advisory panels, work with members of other content personnel to build cross-team support of Advisory Services. Work closely with publications team to oversee production of reports, finance on budgets, and with district council staff on the marketing and recruiting for panels.
Works on a continuous basis with representatives of public, nonprofit, and private organizations who are interested in sponsoring Advisory Services assignments. Works closely with ULI leadership who chair the panel assignments and with numerous members invited to serve on panel assignments.
- Two years’ experience in public and/or private land use planning, real estate development, or related field.
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) skills for on-site urban design assistant and in-house marketing initiatives.
- Proficiency in WordPress and HTML troubleshooting skills for website content development.
- Proficiency in social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) for both in office and on-site initiatives.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in meeting planning and logistical support of off-site ULI activities.
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing, and producing reports.
- Requires knowledge of the public and private planning and development process, municipal government, real estate development, investment and market issues, public utilities and transportation, housing, urban design, sustainable development, and similar subjects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work on several projects at once.
- Knowledge of and ability to assist with graphics and report production preferred. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public administration, or real estate development or comparable experience.
Please attach a résumé and cover letter to your application.To apply, please click on the “Apply” button below. EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.