POSITION SUMMARY: As an integral part of the district council team, the Administrative Assistant serves ULI San Francisco staff and serves as a professional liaison among the district council, ULI Headquarters, and the Bay Area’s land use professionals.
This is a full-time nonexempt position located in San Francisco, California, reporting to the Executive Director, San Francisco district council.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the ULI San Francisco team in the execution of the district council’s goals and objectives. This entails working closely with the Executive Director and the entire team in the development of annual plans and budgets, creating and maintaining the program calendar. Additional duties include contributing to many committee and district council efforts such as program logistics, membership, sponsorship, communications, and overall nonprofit administration and management.
The Administrative Assistant is often the face of the local ULI district council—members call this person first for help and information, so it is imperative that the Administrative Assistant be pleasant, courteous, dependable, and friendly. The position requires travel to ULI district council events and functions throughout the Bay Area, including some early mornings and late evenings.
Meeting/Event Logistics Support
At the center of the role is providing administrative support for the council’s regular activities—primarily meetings, events, and courses.
- Produce event forms, mailing labels, meeting rosters, badges, and invoices for all district council activities.
- Work with ULI national office to obtain insurance riders for events.
- Serve as point of contact for members needing registration assistance.
- Attend district council events to support staff and committee members, as needed.
- Coordinate program logistics, including:
- Ordering appropriate event catering;
- Setting up meeting rooms;
- Handling on-site registration’
- Processing contracts;
- Coordinating special registration with ULI’s customer service;
- Creating and sending out event surveys to attendees; and
- Cleaning up and reorganizing materials after meetings.
Financial Administration Support
The Administrative Assistant will also work closely with the Executive Director and team members to manage the organization’s finances.
- Invoice and track district council sponsors and complimentary sponsor memberships.
- Submit to ULI all money, along with the tally sheet, of on-site meeting registrants.
- Handle the processing of all district council expenses and follow up with vendors and ULI national regarding missed, late, or double payments.
Executive Director and Executive Board Support
This position also works closely with the Executive Director and team members to:
- Gather information and submit the annual certification or recertification materials.
- Coordinate Executive Board meetings, including: managing invitations, preparing agenda materials, coordinating with speakers, ordering catering, sending reminders, preparing meeting room.
- Preparing agenda and meeting room for weekly staff meetings.
- Assisting with scheduling and supporting Executive Director’s meetings.
General Administrative Support
The role also provides general administrative support for the district council.
- Manage office and maintain supply of office supplies.
- Manage contracts with service providers.
- Produce and mail/email/fax correspondence to district council members and nonmembers.
- Access district council member and nonmember records and event attendance from ULI’s webpage to: generate labels, report on membership, creating meeting rosters, preparing badges, and invoices.
- Receive and answer phone/email inquiries from district council members/nonmembers.
- Order and store printed materials (e.g., badge stock, annual reports).
- Maintain an adequate inventory of ULI district council materials.
- Develop onboarding materials and schedule for new employees and be the local point of contact for the onboarding process.
- Coordinate with IT contractor and ULI national IT staff to resolve any IT issues.
- Work with printers to produce and deliver any printed materials for the office.
- Order food for all committee meetings and manage catering relationships and resources.
- Carry out other projects for which district council leadership, as needed.
- Prior experience in meeting and event coordination, budget and office management.
- Previous customer service/interface experience preferred.
- Advanced software skills (Word and Excel required; InDesign and WordPress preferred).
- Strong professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks, concurrently and completely, with responsible follow-through.
- Ability to initiate tasks and assume responsibility for them, and to work with minimal supervision in a high-production position.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to travel to district council events throughout the Bay Area and potentially one to two national trips per year.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds is required.
- Interest in land use and development desired.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
Please attach a résumé and cover letter to your application.To apply, please click on the “Apply” button below.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.