Building for Wellness report explores the business case for healthy development
April 3, 2014
Does wellness make business sense as a development objective? How have developers pursued this objective? What has the market response been? And how have developers measured their success?
To answer these questions, Building for Wellness: The Business Case highlights 13 projects of varying product type and scale that were developed with health and wellness in mind. In a series of profiles, developers share their motivation for incorporating a variety of health and wellness features, how these features factored into the overall development and operations process, and how the market has responded.
Download the flyer for this publication here. Click here for information about the spring/summer 2014 District Council Speaker Series.
Download the Report Buy the Print Edition
Projects profiled include:
- ECO Modern Flats, Fayetteville, AR (Specialized Real Estate Group)
- Innovation Park, Charlotte, NC (BECO South LLC)
- 1221 Broadway, San Antonio, TX (AREA Real Estate)
- Jackson Walk, Jackson, TN (Healthy Community LLC)
- The Century Building, Pittsburgh, PA (TREK Development Group)
- Via6, Seattle, WA (Pine Street Group LLC)
- The Interlace, Singapore (CapitaLand Singapore Limited)
- Park 20|20, Haarlemmermeer, Netherlands (Delta Development Group)
- Via Verde, New York, NY (Phipps Houses, Jonathan Rose Companies)
- Grow Community, Bainbridge Island, WA (Asani Development)
- Selandra Rise, Casey, Australia (Stockland)
- Rancho Sahuarita, Tucson, AZ (Sharpe & Associates, Inc.)
- Mueller, Austin, TX (Catellus)
For media inquiries, contact Trish Riggs at 202-624-7086 or [email protected]
- Press Release, April 10, 2014.
- Urban Land article: Making the Case for Wellness: 13 Developments Building for Health and Value.
- Jackson Sun, April 25, 2014: Jackson Walk on list of top 13 developments in world that contribute to healthy living.
- Paladino blog, Urban Land Institute Promotes Building Healthy Places.
Vice President, ULI Center for Capital Markets and Real Estate