2020 ULI Hines Student Competition Finalist: "The Lifeline" - University of Cincinnati
March 9, 2020
Entry Title: The Lifeline
Team Code: 2019-281
School: University of Cincinnati
Overview (Narrative Excerpt from Project Submission): “The LIFELINE supports the life of Midtown Miami – connecting the cultural life of Wynwood, the Design District and Miami Beach, while sustaining life through resilience and equity. By integrating a dense, mixed-use district with a cultural corridor on top of a new Tri-Rail station and a food distribution hub, the LIFELINE will Elevate Mobility, Sustain Habitat and Celebrate Culture.”
Jury comments on original proposal:
- The proposal had a strong vision and told a story.
- The team is proposing a lot of development, yet it doesn’t feel like too much with this design.
- Overall it was a great balance of development and open space.
- Incorporation of the Nader Museum into the open space was well done.
- There was a lot of good programming with activities, climate strategies, and Miami flavor.
- The proposal showed how you would get onto the cap and created a seamless transition from street-level to the cap.
- The jury appreciated the phasing strategy and level of detail in the financial model.
- The team thought about how they could make visual and physical connections to other parts of the city.
- Caroline Errico (Team Leader), Master of Architecture, University of Cincinnati
- Stacy Felchner, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Real Estate Certificate, University of Cincinnati
- Todd Funkhouser, Master of Architecture, University of Cincinnati
- Robert Peebles, Master of Architecture, University of Cincinnati
- Christian Umbach, Master of Community Planning, University of Cincinnati
- Conrad Kickert, Assistant Professor, School of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning, University of Cincinnati
Watch the Final Presentation:
Final Submission Materials:
- Presentation Board 1
- Presentation Board 2
- Presentation Board 3
- Presentation Board 4
- Presentation Slides
- Pro Forma Summary
- Pro Forma
- Supplemental Pro Forma Summary
Original Submission Materials: